Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HALFTIME QUOTES: Rams vs Cowboys – QB Blake Bortles, S Marqui Christian, WR Michael Thomas, – August 17, 2019

August 18, 2019 05:56AM
View this email in your browser

HALFTIME QUOTES: Rams vs Cowboys – Rams QB Blake Bortles, S Marqui Christian, WR Michael Thomas – August 17, 2019

QB BLAKE BORTLES
(On ways he has improved this week from last week)
“I thought we were a little crisper in and out of the huddle, we had one off-sides. We got the penalties down, we like to get those all completely out of the way, but definitely got that down. We were able to put a touchdown drive together off a sweet turnover by the punt team. I thought it was a good start, still got things to clean up and ways to get better, but definitely good to get points on the board.”

(On what it is about this offense when moving the ball around to RB Darrell Henderson Jr., WR Michael Thomas and WR Jojo Natson)
“I think it speaks to the versatility of the guys we got out there and then the scheme that we’re in and the fact that anybody can be open and be number one on any play. Those guys do an extremely good job of running their routes to win and never knowing or expecting who the ball is going to go to and they’re ready when it comes to them.”

S MARQUI CHRISTIAN
(On the defense getting a good start and what was clicking for them)
“I think just another week of preparation. Guys who are in their second preseason game, having that first one under their belt. Having their confidence up, ready to come out and play. We had good energy being in Hawaii—that might be part of it. But guys are just coming out with confidence and just being ready to play.”

(On his evaluation of the defense against the Cowboys’ starting offense)
"I think it was good. I think we held our own aside from a few penalties. But other than that, everybody’s out there playing hard. I think we had a good showing.”

WR MICHAEL THOMAS
(On the offense’s performance in general)
“We felt great. We got on a good run and we drove the ball down the field twice.”

(On one of his contested catches along the sideline)
“Pretty much I had a sail route and I had to get open at that point. (Qcool smiley Blake (Bortles) threw me a great ball, caught it and got some yards on that catch. I had to make up for that one on the play-action pass, so I made up for it.”

--RAMS--
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

HALFTIME QUOTES: Rams vs Cowboys – QB Blake Bortles, S Marqui Christian, WR Michael Thomas, – August 17, 2019

Shaky263August 18, 2019 05:56AM