Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Who started on the OL yesterday? nm

August 11, 2019 05:05AM
IMO from an Offensive Line Perspective, you are looking for guys that showcase they belong and the stage is not that big for them. Granted the Rams did not have one starter in this game, but these guys are major depth guys and with Neary showcasing the most, let's hope they will get better with more preseason games under their belt because they just played the worst defensive line they are going to see all preseason.

David Edwards....Had issues early at LT and had a false start at RT on a kneel down, amazing. Arden Key made him look bad like he did during the scrimmages as well and Edwards did not get much push when he played the other positions too.

Bobby Evans....Seemed to play better at RT than LT and whiffed on a block on third down in the red zone that led to a sack of QB Brandon Allen...Not much push in the run game at RT as the Rams tried to run to his side often.

Jamil Demby....Expected more from him as he did change positions often, but struggled getting push at guard, had a bad snap at center and gave up a few pressures at LT. Demby needs to showcase far more if he's going to make the roster, let alone be the first OL off the bench.

Aaron Neary....I give Neary a hard time and I'm disappointed, he will be suspended for the first four games, but the Offensive Line was much better with him at Center and there was one errant snap, but IMO, that was more on Allen not catching the snap. Held up well at the point of attack and his guy did not put pressure on the QB for the most part.

Jeremiah Kolone....Looked small and overwhelmed, his guy getting the best of him most of the time and Kolone was chasing quite often. IMO, he had the worst game out of them all and I expected him to be better because of the AAF experience, he was not.

The Offensive Line that came in with QB John Wolford actually looked better, albeit, the Raiders were playing their third and fourth strings too. I would give guys like Vitas Hrynkiewicz and Brandon Hitner more time as they seemed very solid and Hrynkiewicz snaps had more zip on them in shotgun formation then either Neary or Demby IMO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Who started on the OL yesterday? nm

BlueRidgeHorns474August 11, 2019 03:37AM

den-the-coach276August 11, 2019 05:05AM

zn332August 11, 2019 07:20AM

bigjimram21185August 11, 2019 01:04PM