Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just got back from training camp

July 30, 2019 06:59PM
I got hooked up with my job and spent the day in a VIP tent.

View ended up being both great and bad depending on the time of practice.

It was the first day in pads and there were some fun drills for sure. Special Teams was the most fun to watch for some good hitting.

TG3 was on the field but not suited up. Whit played the whole time. I had the OL near me for a while and paid special attention to Allen. I would say he looked almost as tall as Blythe, the two of them have a very similar build actually. Where Allen seemed to stand out was during a drill using the slides. He seemed to have the most punch out of all the linemen (Noteboom's punched seemed pretty weak actually). I also watched him on 11 on 11 and he seemed to work really well with Goff, unlike others with Bortles etc who seemed to have some shaky exchanges. All in all, Allen is not my biggest worry, Noteboom looks good, but wondering about the lack of punch.

I noticed that Higbee was a man among boys when the TEs were working out, he just looks huge and great. He also seemed to be playing in front of Everett and had a nice TD catch from Goff in 11 on 11. I wonder if Higbee is holding off Everett and knows his spot as top dog is being challenged, either way he is stepping up and looks great.

There will be no QB controversy from what I saw today. Goff seems in a different league than Bortles and Bortles seemed in a different league than the other two camp arms.

JoJo seemed to get a lot of work as a starting WR and made a few plays. He also stayed after working on punt catches from the jug machine. He seemed to get a lot of play today and seemed to make the most of it.

The Goff connection to Cooks looked natural and great, but there was one pass to Cooks that was low and difficult but that I believe he should have had, His hands still seem to lack strength for those hard catches. When it is placed in stride it looks amazing and that happened more than once. Timing seems better than ever. Later on Goff to Woods seemed to take over and timing looked great there too.

Both Brown and Henderson looked spry and had some good runs. Henderson had a great catch going up for it and think he has a lot of catching ability.

Weather was great and it was really fun watching Brokers and Whit playing with their kids on the field after practice.

All in all, things moved pretty quick and it seemed like an efficient practice. Seems to me that the offense is ahead of the defense right now (which makes sense).

That is mostly what I remember, I am sure others will have more. My first camp report is done.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just got back from training camp

headslapper1155July 30, 2019 06:59PM

Great report

mexram291July 30, 2019 07:12PM

Thank you! Excellent. NM

Atlantic Ram210July 30, 2019 08:03PM

Re: Just got back from training camp

Steve294July 30, 2019 09:37PM

Re: Just got back from training camp

Crazylegs225July 31, 2019 03:47AM

good report thanks

zn246July 31, 2019 05:20AM

good stuff, headslapper nm

21Dog161July 31, 2019 05:39AM

Excellent, Headslapper...

JamesJM260July 31, 2019 10:54AM

Great report...........

idaram213August 01, 2019 08:52AM

Nice report, what do you mean by QB controversy?

promomasterj220August 01, 2019 09:27AM

Re: Nice report, what do you mean by QB controversy?

headslapper260August 01, 2019 01:41PM

What!!? Who are they replacing Goff with?

promomasterj181August 01, 2019 03:33PM

Re: What!!? Who are they replacing Goff with?

zn155August 01, 2019 03:53PM