Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Not that there would be a parallel but

July 26, 2019 10:03AM
Atlantic Ram
Goff in his first year under McVay did pretty well and he was considered by many a bust. Bortles has taken a team deep into the playoffs if I am not mistaken. I am also not aware of him getting the help that Goff does from his surrounding players. I am also a bit skeptical of the coaching he had.

So if Bortles all of a sudden starts lighting up the field will the reason be because he really was a great QB all a long, like Goff, or under McVay any QB will excel, or will it be behind that OL with the running game and receivers he ought to be good, or are the lights just now coming on for him?... I hope its any or all of those lol... and not that he actually isn't very good.

For a backup he is very good. And even though I'm not sure Mannion got a fair shake, I believe he had some opportunities to shine and didn't. I'm not sure what he was being asked to do so it's hard to tell how well he did his job. That said, he didn't look the part... whatever that is.

Agree with all of that. On Mannion, he did not "look the part." To me he just looked too stiff and robotic. I think we're in a much better position now.

"He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions."
- Confucius

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
- Patrick Rothfuss

"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
- Oscar Wilde
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Excited for pre-season this year

CeeZar494July 25, 2019 03:59AM

+1...Anyone going to the Houston game?. ...

Arkansas Ram187July 25, 2019 05:19AM

Re: Me too

RamsFanSinceLA194July 25, 2019 07:13AM

Not that there would be a parallel but

Atlantic Ram152July 25, 2019 10:25PM

Re: Not that there would be a parallel but

RamsFanSinceLA138July 26, 2019 10:03AM

Here's to an injury free period........

roman18200July 25, 2019 10:00AM