Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You want to copy a post with graphics? Easy.

July 08, 2019 04:47AM
Steve
just stumbled across yet another 2019 rams outlook that reiterates the importance of kupp to the rams offense, the importance of gurley as the offensive drink stirrer, and how goff's effectiveness and success is directly tied to their health and availability, as in goff is a much less effective qb without them - in short, it was yet another piece that tries to marginalize the tremendous job goff has done since mcvay's arrival.

first, gurley and kupp are studs, i doubt there's a qb in the league that wouldn't love to have either guy in their huddle, let alone both - and i'm certain that's not lost on goff, i'm sure he digs the hell out of having both guys on his team.

but the notion that goff is a substantially less effective qb without one or the other, or that the rams are in trouble if they have to suit up on sundays with goff under center and gurley or kupp on the bench, is complete nonsense.

here's a look at goff's numbers with and without kupp, and with and without gurley - the bears game is excluded because it was such an aberration, a game in which both starting qbs posted qb ratings of 33.3 or lower and combined for 7 interceptions in the arctic conditions:

those that labeled goff a bust have had to eat a lot of crow, however more than a few of these mooks are now pointing at goff's postseason numbers in an effort to save face, which imo is as ridiculous as their "bust" predictions... the rams offensive performance in the postseason over the last couple of years has had much more to do with a young, learning mcvay than an ineffective goff - he's simply been out-coached too often.

anyway, the next time one of these goobers decides to weigh in on goff, i'd like them to take a look at goff's record when his team gives up 28 or more points, i.e. when he's asked to put a lot of points on the board to pull out a win, no one has been better at this than goff over the last two seasons:

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff: great article w/o Link

Steve518July 08, 2019 04:42AM

You want to copy a post with graphics? Easy.

zn246July 08, 2019 04:47AM

were a better team - without Kupp & Gurley...

SunTzu_vs_Camus235July 08, 2019 08:45AM

that's my fav aspect of this Rams team...

SunTzu_vs_Camus57July 09, 2019 07:08AM

Re: You want to copy a post with graphics? Easy.

Steve87July 08, 2019 08:00PM