Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bortles better be joking.

May 29, 2019 02:32PM
I don't know what he means by sitting back and "checking the news".

People have listened to the news on their radio while they drive for as long as there have been radios in cars.
So it wouldn't make sense that he means that.

It SOUNDS like he's talking about reading on his phone or tablet while driving, which is a very bad idea. It's not legal in my state. I don't know about California.

There are no cars available for the general roadways that will simply take you to your destination on "autopilot".

Yes, Tesla and many others offer features now that assist the driver, and make the commute less stressful.

But Tesla's own info says that the features it has assist driving, and are for attentive drivers with both hands on the wheel. Not so people can read.

It will maintain safe driving distance from the car ahead and avoid crossing lane markers (if they can be detected), but it's not like you can just kick back and do nothing. Or just touch the wheel when it beeps every 60 seconds. You sure don't want to depend on it if there is suddenly a traffic emergency directly in front of you.

Autonomous driving development is in an interesting stage. I'm not sure how far it will go, or how far legal proceedings will let it go when there are inevitable accidents.

But for right now, YOU still have to be responsible for and drive your car.

Ramily!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blake Bortles shares the hilarious reason he bought a Tesla...

Rams43528May 29, 2019 06:00AM

Re: Blake Bortles shares the hilarious reason he bought a Tesla...

oldschoolramfan186May 29, 2019 09:57AM

Bortles better be joking.

Saguaro195May 29, 2019 02:32PM

Re: Bortles better be joking.

dzrams139May 29, 2019 06:13PM