Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gonna be some fierce competition in Rams camp this summer, huh?

May 08, 2019 07:29AM
I mean, some position groups will be a probable knock down, drag out scenario, don’t you think? Sure, there’s always competition every year, but this year it’s gonna be exceptional in some areas.

Take interior OL, for example. Other than the 2 OT’s, there will be fierce competition at C and both OG’s. Most are predicting Boom and Blythe at the Guard positions and Allen at C, but none are exactly carved in stone, are they? Heck, it’s conceivable that Blythe might wind up as starting C with a rookie at RG in Edwards or Evans. Or possibly someone else if a UDFA gem jumps out. There’s gotta be a dozen players competing for perhaps 3 starting positions. A very promising and healthy scenario from the Rams pov, indeed. Best competition in years?

LB, both inside and out, will be another biggie. Other than Fowler, Littleton, and Matthews (with limited snaps at 2 positions), who are our other 2 starters for sure? And Littleton may be moving over himself, possibly even outside occasionally in certain schemes, reportedly. Kiser is probable on first 2 downs, but is he certain? Not sure. Does Obo have a big Ram future? Seems like a dozen candidates for essentially 2 starting LB positions, huh?

We know that Talib and Peters are our 2 starters at outside CB, but what if Peters struggles again this year as he did early last year? How does Wade keep Long off the field, then? Heck, Long may see the field in some hybrid schemes, anyway. Bottom of that CB roster is gonna be fierce, too. Troy Hill likely doesn’t even survive.

Starting Safeties are set, but how does Wade keep Rapp off the field? Answer is probably some 3 Safety sets. Or something else such as a semi-LB hybrid set of some kind?

My point? Snead and McVay seem to have done a fine job of loading up this roster. To the point that final cuts will be snatched up quickly by other teams for their 53.

There will be no shortage of camp competition to observe this summer. Our various camp reporters had better be well rested and be eating plenty of carrots. Lol.

Gotta say that we should approach opening day with one helluva team and depth roster.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gonna be some fierce competition in Rams camp this summer, huh?

Rams43446May 08, 2019 07:29AM

Bring 'em on

NewMexicoRam139May 08, 2019 09:28AM

Reminds me of a Fisher philosophy...

jemach206May 08, 2019 04:35PM

Re: Reminds me of a Fisher philosophy...

SoCalRAMatic232May 09, 2019 07:25AM

Re: Reminds me of a Fisher philosophy...

Rams4390May 09, 2019 07:30AM

Obo is my biggest curiosity also....

SunTzu_vs_Camus139May 09, 2019 07:39AM

OBO is the big question mark for me

NewMexicoRam94May 09, 2019 09:20AM