Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Personel Groupings

April 27, 2019 06:08PM
I'm pretty sure the offense was plenty dynamic enough to win. The QB was the problem in the Super Bowl. And not picking up stunts.

What I think the addition of Henderson and the talk of utilizing more personnel groups means is that they want to create more personnel mismatches. In 11 personnel the idea is we will beat you running and passing because our players are better than you at both. If you scheme to stop one than we do the other.

First what new personnel groups will they use? 12 with Higbee and Everrett and take out Kupp or whomever is the slot WR. Higbee isnt good enough. He cant win any matchups. Everrett can and does. This grouping does nothing for me. However, if they use Henderson as the back and motion out Henderson and Everrett vs run personnel there could be some nice mismatches there.

My though is they want Henderson to stretch the field vertically on routes--who covers the back? A Lb? Safety?. They don't want Gurley, the primary back to do that because it is exhausting. They stack the box you can motion Henderson out wide and isolate him on a backer/safety. Simplifying the game for the QB is a worthy goal. I don't see much likelihood of a running a no back set with Henderson out wide. Goff isnt good enough. A possiblity though.

21 personnel? Gurley and Henderson in the game together. Likely one split out wide. Seems pointless. Wouldnt Josh be a better threat wide than Henderson? Henderson is likely useless blocking. Also, I don't see it forcing a personnel mismatch. If I were a defense I would stay in nickel if Henderson came in the game and Gurley remained.

02, 13 personnel? Dont see this ever.

Curious your thoughts.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay just said on NFLNW with Eisen

Speed_Kills1115April 27, 2019 12:48PM

Video: of McVay discussing Henderson and personnel groupings

Speed_Kills272April 27, 2019 01:01PM

Video: McVay and Eisen on NFLNW

Speed_Kills263April 27, 2019 01:22PM

Re: Video: McVay and Eisen on NFLNW

oldschoolramfan269April 27, 2019 02:59PM

Re: He knows he needs to evolve