Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Darrell Henderson - Draft profile (im not that good...)

April 26, 2019 06:56PM
Well I'm 1 for 2 so far.

Darrell Henderson - 5'-8" 208 lbs. RB

8. (101) Darrell Henderson - RB - Memphis - 5'-8" 208 lbs. - Slippery in space with HR speed, didn't catch a ton of passes, doesn't carry the size to consistantly run between the tackles, but is willing.

So my #8 RB and #101 overall prospect, and my last prospect that graded in round 3. So it wasn't a reach by much. After the 1st round, if you get a guy that is graded in that round, its not a reach IMO.

The Draft Network had him as their #2 overall RB and one of their guys comped him to Kareem Hunt with breakaway speed.

From April 15th in response to a mock draft by CBS sports:

"Henderson is a perfect fit in a outside zone scheme where he can get outside in space and use that speed and elusiveness to do damage. THe 3rd round is right on the money for him and I wouldn't be shocked if he went in the 2nd. The only issue I would have is, do the Rams need a RB in the 3rd round? I might be more inclined to grab a RB that slips into day 3 like Bryce Love or Bruce Anderson or Devine Ozigbo or Justice Hill."

[ramsrule.com]

Positives:
HR speed
Explosive is putting it mildly
Deceptively powerful for 200 lbs (current note, I had no idea when I made this note he was 208)
Lateral quickness is good
146 ypg on 16 touches...WTH
outstanding balance
tough to bring down due to balance/power/elusiveness combo

Negatives:
Hands are ok
Not much of a route runner
pass blocking like most RBs in college is lacking
Lacks size to be a bellcow back (current note, Im not so sure, he is 7 lbs from 215 and the power is there)

I think I undervalued him a bit and others overvalued him. Either way, this is bad news (or good news) for Gurley fans as he is going to see less action next year. I love the pick, I love the spot he was drafted and I love what LA has in a plan.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Darrell Henderson - Draft profile (im not that good...)

Deadpool547April 26, 2019 06:56PM

Interesting...

hubestar270April 26, 2019 07:45PM

so to clarify

Deadpool264April 26, 2019 08:09PM

Thank you for the clarification!

hubestar187April 26, 2019 11:10PM

Henderson is a real explosive player...

SunTzu_vs_Camus243April 26, 2019 08:13PM