Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Well, I won't debate it next year if the Rams are drafting in the 30's

April 26, 2019 05:18AM
I think it is really hard to predict what Snead will do so far in advance. While we can suspect we know the group of players he might be targeting we can't predict what will happen and if those players will be on the board. Perhaps if Sweat and or Tillery was still an option the trade would never have been made which seems likely to me.

Rockram makes a good point and we know Snead will move up or down based what makes the most sense from a value perspective. If there are 2 players left in his value group and he is 6 picks away he will trade up if he projects those players to be gone when he pick comes. Conversely if there is a large grouping of players of similar value and he can get an extra pick and still get one of his prized players he will trade down.

At a minimum we can understand his moves in hindsight and sometimes even predict what he will do. We are able to do this based on the collective knowledge that is share on this board by so many serious contributors. So thanks to all that participate in such a knowledgeable way.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Transcript: Rams GM Snead and HC McVay –April 25, 2019

Shaky386April 26, 2019 12:27AM

Well, I won't debate it next year if the Rams are drafting in the 30's

RockRam142April 26, 2019 03:08AM

Re: Well, I won't debate it next year if the Rams are drafting in the 30's

David Deacon97April 26, 2019 05:18AM

Re: 3 Takeaways from McVay/Snead and the Rams Draft process.

oldschoolramfan91April 26, 2019 08:01AM