Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snead is good for a surprise

April 20, 2019 03:54AM
Les Snead is always good for a surprise but not always in the draft. Last year he was trader Les and focused on acquiring vets and getting rid of players that did not fit.

I think he will be looking at depth mostly in this draft though I think it is possible for a OL to come in and start at guard or center and I think it is possible for a DL to come in and start or be part of the rotation at DE or DT. I think they could draft a LB that could start at the edge or inside.. I think we could pick a S or CB and they could contribute in the dime packages. The TE class is deep and I think if we drafted a TE high that he might start or at least be in the rotation.

Based on the depth of the draft DL and safety seem to be the most likely areas were we can pick late in round 3 and get a rotational player. You might get a 3rd TE in round also but so far we haven't even had a high usage rate with 2nd TE.

So I guess I am saying that I think Les Snead will want to acquire more picks. A surprise would if he traded a vet for picks. I wouldn't be shocked to see him trade Higbee or Reynolds if he can get value in return. They both could start for another team and they are very cost effective this year. I wish I knew where Snead sees the value in this draft which might give us a clue to where he is looking to target in a trade. You also have to wonder how confident they are with Allen and Noteboom or JMF. I think if they are not confident any of those players being to step up that is the position they will target with their first pick.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Les trade down to late in round 2 which would be a surprise and he might take 2 trades to get there.

To me the only really big surprise would be if we traded up significantly in round 1. I guess an additional shocker would be if we traded up and took a position that wasn't high on the need list such as WR say Metcalf. When I think about that I hope I am not shocked.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I have a feeling that the Rams "Surprise Us" Ram Fans this Draft.

oldschoolramfan547April 19, 2019 07:51AM

Re: I have a feeling that the Rams "Surprise Us" Ram Fans this Draft.

troublefree276April 19, 2019 08:24AM

I think and even bigger surprise would be....

NewMexicoRam250April 19, 2019 09:54AM

Ramkind299April 19, 2019 09:12AM

SoCalRAMatic231April 19, 2019 09:29AM

Re: would you draft dk metcalf?

spagsbacker232April 19, 2019 10:01AM

Just hope they dont

OzRam285April 19, 2019 09:46AM

Snead is good for a surprise

David Deacon204April 20, 2019 03:54AM