Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Should the Rams trade out of the 1st round of NFL Draft? (Article)

April 14, 2019 08:27AM
den-the-coach
Well, the adage is, you must have a partner to dance and the Los Angeles Rams must have a trade partner and value in order to make a trade. Again, if the value is there and you can add an additional pick or picks, then you always consider a trade down.

What I find amazing is the number of fans, who always communicate about trading down, but I believe if your guy is there, make the damn pick. It cost the Rams back in 2012 the Rams tried to get cute as linebackers Bobby Wagner & Mychal Kendricks were still on the board in the 2nd round and the Rams could have had their choice, but they traded down for an extra pick and by the time their pick was ready at 50th, Kendricks had gone to the Eagles and Wagner to the division rival Seahawks and the Rams ended up with RB Isiah Pead and have been peeing their pants ever since.

Yeah it can go both ways. You can miss out on a Wagner but gain a Kupp or John Johnson.

Snead has said two things about trading down that has stuck with me. First, he's said he's learned from the 2012 incident. He didn't say exactly what he's learned but I have my suspicions.

Secondly, he's said it's better to not have a guy. You have a group of guys. IMO, that's what he learned.

The real travesty of 2012 is not that they missed a Bobby Wagner its that they bombed the Pead pick. They didn't do so well at a having a solid group of guys.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Should the Rams trade out of the 1st round of NFL Draft? (Article)

Rams43388April 14, 2019 07:40AM

den-the-coach188April 14, 2019 08:03AM

dzrams156April 14, 2019 08:27AM

Rams43168April 14, 2019 08:29AM

Never a decision you make ahead of time.

RockRam167April 14, 2019 09:46AM

Exactly!

Ramboni185April 14, 2019 11:40AM

reggae128April 14, 2019 01:35PM

Classicalwit96April 16, 2019 06:25PM