Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Can you provide a link?

April 09, 2019 03:06PM
Ram_Ruler
I've seen Mcvay say that they're going to rehab it like they do every off-season but I didn't see anything about them monitoring his touches moving forward. Even though I think that's something they should do moving forward anyway.

"I think where we have to go is to fast forward to now is with Todd, he's had a lot of carries since he's come in the league, a lot of yards, a lot of touchdowns things like that," Snead said. "Obviously, senior year, junior year, Georgia, (tore) the ACL, so over that time there's an element of wear and tear and I think we have to determine in probably two stages: are we going to give him the amount of load that he's had in the past or are we going to lessen that load to let's say keep him fresher for the season and for the seasons beyond.

"If you go that route, you have to have a good, let's call it Batman and Robin combination or add another superhero figure into that and figure how you're going to do it. We're in the process of figuring that out and I do think with Todd and his career -- it happens to a lot of young guys, all of a sudden they wake up ... and you're a little sorer than you were the day before. So, recovery, things like that have to come into it, but it's something we want to be intentional about and proactive."

“I don’t know exactly medically when you categorize what arthritis is,” McVay said. “I do know that just from the amount of work that he’s had, there’s been a wear and tear on that knee.”

Written late December:

Gurley’s knee also was an issue after a season-opening victory over the Oakland Raiders, when Gurley rushed for 108 yards and caught three passes for 39 yards and a touchdown.

“It was a similar situation,” McVay said.

Gurley said Thursday that he, “Felt like s—” after the Monday night game in Week 1.

“It was bad,” Gurley said. “I was contemplating on giving the Rams back their money and everything. It was bad. It was real bad.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Todd Gurley running

Ohiorams793April 08, 2019 11:49AM

His knee is just having a good day

Ram_Ruler285April 08, 2019 02:52PM

A joke reply but not far fetched at all. T.G. is a GREAT guy but right now....

Ramgator252April 09, 2019 04:03AM

Re: A joke reply but not far fetched at all. T.G. is a GREAT guy but right now....

moklerman227April 09, 2019 04:12AM

Meh, we'll see

Ram_Ruler218April 09, 2019 05:59AM

Re: Meh, we'll see

moklerman168April 09, 2019 08:35AM

I'm definitely cautious

Ram_Ruler158April 09, 2019 10:14AM

Re: Meh, we'll see

zn218April 09, 2019 02:29PM

Can you provide a link?

Ram_Ruler144April 09, 2019 02:42PM

Re: Can you provide a link?