Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A very nice Ram “first pick” prediction post by AvengerRam...

April 04, 2019 08:22AM
Here’s AvengerRam...

One of these 7 Players will be a Ram.

As the draft nears, I'm honing in on my final draft board and mock draft.

Right now, however, I feel as though, giving consideration to the Rams' needs, the projection of who might be available at #31, and general gut feelings, I believe that one of the following 7 players (listed alphabetically) will be a Ram in just over three weeks:

Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia (5'11, 193)
Feisty CB who plays bigger than his frame. Held up well against top competition in SEC. If the Rams want to plan for the future (with Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters in the final year of their contracts), Baker would be a good option who could be on the board at #31. You can never have too many quality CBs.

Garrett Bradbury, C/OG, NC State (6'3, 306)
Bradbury is a plug-and-play option at two positions. I could see him beat out either Brian Allen or Austin Blythe at C or RG. While the Rams are professing confidence in the players they have, it would not shock me at all if they shifted gears and went with a guy like Bradbury, who could lock down a key spot for ten years.

Cody Ford, OT/OG, Oklahoma (6'4, 329)
Ford is a guy who I think is a longshot to be there at #31, but a player I'd be extremely interested in if he does fall. He is extremely athletic for a guy his size. I see him as an OG initially, but he could develop and ultimately compete with Joe Noteboom for the LT spot.

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson (6'4, 342)
Many mocks I've seen have Lawrence going to the Rams. He makes a lot of sense, as he projects as a day 1 starter at NT. He is big and nimble for his size. Reminds me a bit of Dontari Poe. The downside, in my mind, is that NT is really a 2 down position that could potentially be filled with a later pick. Also, drafting a NT means Michael Brockers stays at DE, which may not be his best use.

Erik McCoy, C/G, Texas A&M (6'4, 303)
Picking McCoy at No. 31 might be a reach, but if the Rams trade back into the second round, he could be a perfect fit. The same analysis for Bradbury applies here. I have heard McCoy interviewed and was extremely impressed by his maturity. Sounded like an interview with a 30 year old veteran. As a potential leader of the OL (particularly when Whitworth retires), that is an important trait.

Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida (6'3, 258)
Polite is one of the biggest boom/bust prospects in the draft. If you watch his game tape, you'll see a highly effective pass rusher (11 sacks last year) with very good size. However a poor Combine performance (4.84 in the forty) and some off-the-field issues (disciplined at Florida) are deemed as Red Flags for many. Polite commented after the Combine that his best meeting was with the Rams, and he recently visited the team, so its fair to say he's under consideration. As a fit, its easy to see his potential value, particularly with Dante Fowler only signed for one year.

Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame (6'6, 295)
If the Rams want to move Brockers back inside and draft someone to play DE, Tillery could be a very good option. He played through a shoulder injury (which should be fine by training camp), showing his toughness, and produced 8 sacks and 3 forced fumbles as a pass rusher. Not the "sexiest" pick, perhaps (and I know of at least one person here who would not like seeing him taken at #31), but I think he'd be a safe, high-floor, selection.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A very nice Ram “first pick” prediction post by AvengerRam...

Rams43617April 04, 2019 08:22AM

Re: A very nice Ram “first pick” prediction post by AvengerRam...

Scottish Ram308April 04, 2019 11:59AM