Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Its called the silly season for a reason my friend

March 08, 2019 04:28PM
Rams43
Not necessarily what I would do, mind you. Rather, what I suspect are the Rams general intentions. Obviously, before FA and the draft. Just trying to read the tea leaves.

They’re gonna really try to extend Saffold. Maybe even to the point of paying him more than they should. If they fail to extend Saffold then interior OL moves up to 3rd round in the draft. They better hurry. I think they like Noteboom.

Looks like Allen has the inside track to be starter at C, but don’t be surprised if they bring in a prominent FA such as Paradis. Or so they say Allen has the inside track. You wouldn't want other GMs knowing you have a glaring hole at a position before the draft. Teams might jump you to get the guy you wanted. See Bradbury, Garrett. Round 1.

Moving over to the D...

I count 5 “holes” there. Here is my interpretation of their strategy, fwiw.

They will extend Fowler or some other proven quality vet at edge. Don’t think that they’re willing to settle at edge again this season. This could be a big name player. And I believe that they want at least one side to have a proven vet. Talks have stalled IMO. They talked to 2 first round edge rushers at the combine in Sweat and Polite. Fowler is in the wind. Again, just my opinion.

Our 1st and our first 3rd will be invested in an edge and a DT, depending on who falls. Smart to go with the strength of the draft. It sure looks like edge in the first if only one of the guys they like falls into their lap. Bosa, Allen are for sure gone. I think Burns and Sweat are now also gone and probably Ferrell is gone. Leaving Polite (who was a trainwreck at the combine) or a trade down for a guy like Winovich in the 2nd. DT could happen if they like Wilkins or Lawrence. Possibly Simmons.

It sounds like they’re intending to roll with Kiser as ILB starter. I’m not yet sold, but these coaches know infinitely more than I do.Silly season, of course they like Kiser. And maybe they do. I'm not sold.

S is the next priority. They could take one in rounds 3-5 depending on who falls and who they really like. I trust Snead on this because he has a terrific record of success with secondary players. I predict they sign Weddle. See what i did there?

That would take care of their 5 holes with a few picks, maybe 4, left over for depth/developmental players.

A bit more if Snead trades down a time or two.

The above 7 moves are the framework and all else is for depth and developmental players.

Its really down to OC, Edge, IDL and ILB right now for me. I have my favorites, but this is your post and I think you will have more right then wrong at the end of the day.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My projection of Rams offseason strategy from 30,000 feet...

Rams43614March 07, 2019 06:57AM

Re Yes

leafnose221March 07, 2019 07:06AM

Re: Re Yes

bigjimram21184March 07, 2019 07:39AM

I'd go after Earl Thomas or TMathieu...at FS

SunTzu_vs_Camus216March 07, 2019 08:06AM

Re: I'd go after Earl Thomas or TMathieu...at FS

GroundPounder202March 07, 2019 08:08AM

Re: My projection of Rams offseason strategy from 30,000 feet...

bigjimram21210March 07, 2019 07:35AM

JJ and Littleton had little playing time...and did well...

SunTzu_vs_Camus189March 07, 2019 07:38AM

Re: JJ and Littleton had little playing time...and did well...

bigjimram21167March 07, 2019 07:40AM

It sounds like they’re intending to roll with Kiser as ILB starter

ferragamo79175March 07, 2019 08:02AM

Sorry but I disagree

RamsFanSince69214March 07, 2019 10:34AM

I think you're right

3030225March 07, 2019 10:39AM

Re: My projection of Rams offseason strategy from 30,000 feet...

David Deacon163March 07, 2019 02:27PM

Its called the silly season for a reason my friend

Deadpool181March 08, 2019 04:28PM