Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well... Not exactly the way I wanted to end this wonderful season...

February 04, 2019 07:55AM
But it is what it is.

Here are a few short and sweet thoughts this morning.

Belichick and his asst coaches came up with a brilliant defensive gameplan vs these Rams. They accomplished what I thought would be impossible, to hold the Rams to 3 points. I’ve gotta tip my hat to them. Amazing.

And it was no fluke, either. Ram receivers weren’t open, OL wasn’t protecting or opening holes, Goff was pressured and confused. Belichick managed to reduce a 32.9 ppg O into a train wreck. Smh.

Late in the regular season I felt confident about our O and worried about our D. Roles completely reversed in the SB, huh? Shows what I know. Lol.

Goff had a bad game but he’s taking too much of the blame, IMO. There’s PLENTY of blame to go around in a game where Rams only allowed 13 danged points. OL missing blocks and not picking up stunts, receivers not catching contested balls or even getting open very often, Gurley and CJ failing to make plays too often, etc...

Mostly it comes down to the fact that the genius Belichick outcoached the budding genius McVay on the world’s biggest stage.

But McVay will learn and adapt. So will Goff. These two are just getting warmed up in their respective NFL careers. I don’t think that this is their last SB appearance, tbh.

Gurley has not been himself for about 2 months. I don’t care what he or anybody else says. The evidence has been right before us and seems undeniable. An unfortunate time to be hurt, to say the least. I hate to sound like using this as an excuse, but it’s a fact that the elite Ram O runs through Gurley. When he’s firing on all cylinders he’s the OPOY.

Sure, I’m disappointed. Who wouldn’t want to win a SB? Especially one where the Ram D only allowed 13 points? But I’m relatively serene this morning.

2018 was a helluva fun ride and our future is bright. The most important pieces are in place and will remain so for years and years. Rams will be a big factor in playoff races for years and what more can a fan ask for?

This post mortem will wrap up shortly and then we will have a shortened FA and the draft to occupy us.

This is a wonderful time to be a Ram fan, don’t you think?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well... Not exactly the way I wanted to end this wonderful season...

Rams43408February 04, 2019 07:55AM

well said 43

ferragamo79285February 04, 2019 08:15AM

Re: Well... Not exactly the way I wanted to end this wonderful season...

dodgerram251February 04, 2019 08:28AM

43 Nailed it

David Deacon239February 04, 2019 08:50AM

It was a GREAT season

CeeZar236February 04, 2019 08:52AM

Felt that McVay was very unprepared.

Deadhead Ram278February 04, 2019 09:01AM

Re: Felt that McVay was very unprepared.

DESERT RAM206February 04, 2019 09:56AM