Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: no stats to back it up.....

January 31, 2019 01:40PM
NRC is one of the best slot corners in the game. Every game is important but grading a player based on a one game performance is way too small a sample size. I havent had a chance to watch the all 22 but it did look like a forgettable performance. Also, usually when the ball is thrown a dbs way these are thier worst snaps. Their best snaps usually force the ball to other targets.

The Rams will not be able to cover Edelman with any one man. The Patriots scheme him open with formations way too often. If the Rams line up in man, which I expect to see the majority of the game--they will need to switch wrs amongst the dbs based on alignment. Ie, If Edelman lines up in the slot in a 3 wr bunch and then cuts out the inner db will let him go and pick up whatever wr cuts inside. Whereas the outer Cb lets the boundary WR go if he cuts inside and looks to pick any out breaking wr from the bunch. This is the only chance the Rams have of not getting picked to death. Otherwise they will run through one another like on the one Saints TD where Peters pancaked himself running through his teammate.

My expectation for dealing with alot of the in breaking slot routes is to see Fowler and Ebukam dropping into the hook/curl areas when a slot is aligned on their side. Wade is smart enough to realize that rushing the olbs is useless if Brady has a fairly easy five yard toss where he releases the ball in 2 seconds or less.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

re-watched Saints game...NRC was bad

spagsbacker417January 31, 2019 11:45AM

Re: re-watched Saints game...NRC was bad

David Deacon189January 31, 2019 11:48AM

re-watched Saints game...NRC was bad. "Not concerned"

Anonymous User199January 31, 2019 02:53PM

Re: nobody is saying that....

spagsbacker173January 31, 2019 03:17PM

no stats to back it up.....

21Dog221January 31, 2019 11:49AM

Re: no stats to back it up.....