Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Yes fans...all fans complain about calls, or non calls....

January 27, 2019 08:14AM
roman18
But I don't blame a loss by the RAMS on a penalty issue....I don't yell for game replays, or do overs as some fans are doing along with politicians ( why in the heck they are getting involved with a sports game is beyond me)....

A team loses a game by their overall play for the entire game.....we've had plenty of games God knows where the refs had bad calls, but the game comes down to much bigger things then a refs call. In this game alone we were behind 13-0, 20-10 and finally 23-20....the saints had all those things to build on to make certain to win that game....Not even going into the coin toss they won and what they did with that.....

To be upset on a ref not doing his right duty? Man they do that crap every week yes I see the upset part, but to make that your excuse for your team to lose....well some and maybe a lot of fans do that......I lay the fault at the team who failed to either overcome that issue or other parts of the game they equally screwed up on.

What I don't like about all this is that everyone on God's Green Earth knows these refs screw up all the time....but now all of a sudden it has become the reason for a teams overall play taken into lower areas of consideration...

We all say that now.

Reverse the situation and what percentage still say that?

Look. We're going to have to live with this. We have our views as Rams fans and stick by the "games don't come down to one non-call" story. But. If it happens to you then you vividly see how that one non-call was huge.

Where's the "truth"?

IMO...nowhere.

It will all always be clashing opinions.

And as Rams fans what we have to live with is that right or wrong, the non-call has a real effect on how the team is seen. We're not going to talk anyone out of that, and we're not going to triumph with "reason" in the face of their partisan emotion....it just doesn't work like that. (Partly because there is no "reason" on this, just clashing fan-emotion driven perspectives.)

What we should patiently wait for is the time when the McVay Rams have done so much that the non-call just doesn't have the same significance anymore. It won't go away but it will ease up (but not till the Rams have done enough to make that happen).

And don't get me wrong. I don 't always talk this way. To the contrary. Around here, where I live, when Patz fans say to me "they were gifted that game," I say "naw there were other non-calls in that game like a facemask the series before, and the Saints had their chances." I don't actually change anyone's mind (nor expect to), but at least I come across to them as a dedicated Rams fan who is sticking by his team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 08:16AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Yes fans...all fans complain about calls, or non calls....

roman18199January 27, 2019 08:01AM

Re: Yes fans...all fans complain about calls, or non calls....

zn121January 27, 2019 08:14AM

Don't you see what you are doing?....

roman18111January 27, 2019 08:23AM

Re: Don't you see what you are doing?....

zn105January 27, 2019 09:07AM