Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

D line is going to have to win this game

January 15, 2019 10:33AM
I think the Rams Offense will get their points. McVay will figure out how. Whether through the two-headed beast of Gurley/Anderson....or through the air. I figure they should get to 30 again.

This win will come down to the D-line. More specifically, Brockers, Suh, and Donald. Brees doesn't seem to mind pressure off the edge....he likes to step up in th pocket. But when the pressure is in his face....and he can't step up.....that is when he goes awry. He gets rid of the ball quickly....but with Suh and Brocker's arms up in the air a few feet away from him.....they can get a few deflections.

The problem is.....the Rams won't be able to blitz LB's to get to Brees because Kamara will kill them with a safety screen. So the pressure will entirely be on the D-line. Also....the will need to maintain their gap integrity to hold against the running game....so Donald may not be able to use all his "tricks" he likes to use to get to the QB.

Just for kicks I think Wade needs to send Joyner on a few safety blitzes. When Joyner gets through....he is lightning quick. He has been such a liability in the deep zone.....probably better off to send him blitzing a few times. Would love to see Brees get pummeled 4+ times in this game. Dude is getting old...his body won't like that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Saints OL injuries and the rise of the Rams DL...

ramsfaninmd473January 15, 2019 07:35AM

Re: The Saints OL injuries and the rise of the Rams DL...

Rams43209January 15, 2019 09:08AM

Yeah....

ramsfaninmd169January 15, 2019 09:52AM

who are their injuries on OL

ferragamo79161January 15, 2019 09:58AM

Re: who are their injuries on OL

ramsfaninmd203January 15, 2019 10:09AM

got it

ferragamo79159January 15, 2019 10:20AM

D line is going to have to win this game

chunkmeister176January 15, 2019 10:33AM