Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So...if this Defense will suddenly "kick it in gear" for the playoffs....which player will suddenly become the playoff stud?

January 07, 2019 08:43PM
I've seen some talk about how McVay might be dumbing the offense down until the playoffs. There have been enough posts about that.

What about the defense? It goes without saying this unit has underperformed this year. It is a collection of a few free agents....that for whatever reason...have not meshed up to this point. However....is it possible they have sat back knowing they will be in the playoffs....and will wait to play to their true talents come playoffs? We can argue that doing this is not professional....but just put that aside. If one player suddenly elevates in the playoffs....who will it be? so.....which player will suddenly be the one that becomes the difference maker for the next three games? Leave AD out....he was the already difference maker all year long.

I think the lead candidates are:

Marcus Peters
Dante Fowler
Ndamukong Suh
Cory Littleton
Samson Ebukam
Michael Brockers

I left Talib and Johnson off....because they are just the steady type of players where their solid play goes unnoticed. Their play generally results in others getting INT's, etc.

I will throw my vote in for Peters. I think Talib locks opposing #1WR's down....and allows Peters to take on the #2 receiver. Opposing QB's won't be able to resist going after Peters....and I think he collects his share of INT's and Pick sixes. Plus....I think Peters is pissed about how he was publicly hung out to dry while Talib was out. He smells redemption and he can't resist going after it.

Who is your choice?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So...if this Defense will suddenly "kick it in gear" for the playoffs....which player will suddenly become the playoff stud?

chunkmeister281January 07, 2019 08:43PM

Re: So...if this Defense will suddenly "kick it in gear" for the playoffs....which player will suddenly become the playoff stud?

Classicalwit131January 07, 2019 08:55PM

Re: Suh, Brockers, Fowler, Peters, Littleton

BumRap171January 07, 2019 09:58PM

peters will be huge.

stlramz148January 07, 2019 09:58PM

Mark Barron

303082January 08, 2019 04:16AM

Re: It's now or never for Peters & Suh....

spagsbacker93January 08, 2019 04:26AM