Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

They are all looking for the next McVay

January 01, 2019 03:52AM
I wonder if Fisher gets a call.

If I was Tampa Bay I would call Mike Martz and get him to fix Winston. Keep Martz out of personnel scouting and pair him with a good defensive coordinator and you will get a good team. Tampa Bay has a lot of offensive talent and Martz would be perfect. Martz has had more HC success than anyone on the Market.

Everyone will be looking for the next McVay but they will be missing what makes McVay great. It is his leadership skills not his offensive schemes that make him a great coach. Every year there are bright offensive and defensive coordinators that fizzle out as head coaches as the do not have the leadership skills nor the ability to effectively deal with all the outside activities that HC deal with all the time. As coordinators they are sheltered from the press for the most part and limited in their obligations. McVay is great in both of these areas which is why he is successful.

Of course it is not as easy to evaluate leadership from afar. Leadership is what allows Snead/McVay to work so well together. Leadership allows coaches to grow and be held responsible for player development and performance. Leadership is what unites a team in working to get better each and every day. Leadership makes players responsible for their performance. Leadership is not defensive and always takes responsibility and is alway accountable. Yes McVay has a great offensive system, is very disciplined and highly intelligent and all that but what sets him apart is his leadership which will take him a long way probably to being considered as one of the greatest before it is all done.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

And, so, the recycling of failed HC's begins.

RockRam273January 01, 2019 03:06AM

They are all looking for the next McVay

David Deacon83January 01, 2019 03:52AM