Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: We are talking about resting players not drafting them

December 25, 2018 03:16AM
For the last 15 years I would be rooting to lose that last few games so we could get a higher pick. I would have studied all the top players in the draft and I would watch the bowl games just to see the prospect perform on a big stage. Those days really sucked bit time. Don't get me wrong I really like the draft but I can wait and study up after we go for all the marbles.

From the quagmire in St. Louis with a horrible front office that couldn't find a way to work with Martz or get any talent to futile coaches and terrible front office where we could draft or get free agents. The we moved to the age of Fisher and then Snead who was baby Snead at the time. They did rebuild somewhat and added talent to the roster. Unfortunately the coaching was terrible, the offensive system was terrible and we were stuck in Bradford injury mode fo a couple of years. We almost reached mediocrity in a few seasons. Then there was all the drama about St. Louis that would drain focus from the team. It was really a terrible situation as you had many good loyal fans but in the end the city/state choose to back away from contractual commitments giving the Rams and easy out. The Rams had a great contract and had the city in a tight place where either they would have to build a top flight facility or the Rams would be a free agent.

Well the Rams are where they belonged all along in my opinion. The are going to have a new stadium that will be the talk of the league. They have the best young coach in the league and a great front office. The roster is an good as any in the league and the Rams are in the playoffs, the have won their division and are in competition for the Super Bowl. What an amazing turn of events and it shows that with a great owner, great front office and great coaching that you can build a consistently good team. We have our stars signed long term and have confidence we will be able to find replacements as needed to keep the team competitive. The New England model year over year consistency is in it's early stages right here!!!

So it has been a bit of an adjustment and sometimes the years of futility try to creep back into my thinking but then I remind myself of all the wonderful things that are happening with the team and how good it is to be a Ram fan right now. The draft isn't quite as much fun as it is not as easy to research all the players that will be in the 3rd round where we have now started to gain comp picks and with trader Les you can't even be sure that he will keep this years first rounder. What I do know though is that I don't have to start thinking about the off season for at least a couple more weeks and hopefully longer. I like this so much more than the dark ages of Ram Fandom. Anyway with Les Snead building the roster there will be guaranteed to be some surprises and action in the off season.

Merry Christmas to all and we should each take a minute to reflect on how blessed we are.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wake Up Ram Fans!

Los Angeles Lenny419December 24, 2018 06:19PM

We are talking about resting players not drafting them

Los Angeles Lenny191December 24, 2018 06:23PM

Re: We are talking about resting players not drafting them

David Deacon132December 25, 2018 03:16AM

Me too

Los Angeles Lenny93December 25, 2018 07:19AM