Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Observations on The Skid

December 16, 2018 07:36PM
Ram49
I'm moving between anger and throwing up watching this team. My post game observations as of this moment:

1. Not a coincidence that McVay has choked against two of Andy Reid's top disciples. You can bet they have all talked.

2. McVay shocks me. He could move into a West Coast scheme and own these games.... but he isn't patient. He won't dink and dunk...and teams have figured that out. its so weird. Its like at this point he wants to prove he's the smartest guy in the room and refuses to just win football games. Reminds me a bit like Martz. So stubborn.

3. The offensive line has aged before our eyes. A HUGE need going into the draft next year Not happening with all the holes on defense. Better hope Allen and Noteboom are ready.

4. The amount of mental errors is mind blowing. The opportunity to get out of bounds by both Gurley and Everett.... terrible. this team should be smarter then this

5. This is a gut wretching skid..... we can only hope that McVay is learning something. I hope...

6. This team is soft. They are way too 'Gucci' right now....zero grit in my opinion. agreed.

7. All the Goff hate is amazing. He has thrown for 4,000 yards this season with some unbelievable throws. He hasn't played great.....but heaping this all on him is downright absurd.He is better then he has played, but isn't as good as he was earlier. Somewhere in the middle. More on this below.

THE GOOD

1. John Johnson can play. GREAT game out of him tonight. Love him

2. Robert Woods is Mr. Reliable love him as well

THE BAD

1. Wade's Defense - come on gang....time to come clean: does anyone watching this defense since the first week think it can win a Super Bowl? nope, it just gets more obvious every week.

2. Justin Davis - he got knocked silly on two different special teams plays. He looked out of place out there. Maybe first game jitters.

3. Gurley has an injured knee i hope its a bruise at worst.

4. Likely going to be playing in the first round of the playoffs; lost out to NO for sure at this point I agree, looking at the 3 seed and home against a Minnesota team now determined to run the ball and play defense.

THE UGLY

1. Suh and Brockers - an embarrassment to this team with Donald getting double/tripled team. Please get rid of both this offseason and find some fighters. Suh is stealing cash at this point.

2. Jojo Natson - seriously man?? I feel bad for him, but he is toast.

3. Talib - so what on the INT....that blown coverage might be the most embarrassing play of the year 2 WRs deep and no one back? Joyner should get some blame as well. But that is embarrassing.

4. Gurley and Everett - do you know where the sideline is with ZERO timeouts??

There will be more......but like everyone, I'm angry and REALLY disappointed

A few points.

Goff - its been mentioned that he looks bad, and he does. Defenses are taking away the deeps stuff, which means its all underneath and when its all underneath, the windows get smaller. Goff is used to seeing larger windows. Its affecting him. And as far as I can tell. defenses aren't shifting around presnap as much as in the past giving Goff (or McVay early in the playclock ) anything to look at. I don't think Goff is seeing it as clearly as he was in the past. Lastly, teams are getting home with 4 rushers, leaving 7 in coverage and that just cannot happen.

Reynolds - I don't care what you want to say about Cooks, but he has never been a redzone threat. He won't win a jump ball and his speed is nullified inside the 20 yard line. Woods is great and a tough SoB, but again not the best redzone threat. So with Kupp out, the "biggest" redzone threat is Reynolds. like it or not. Its not ideal, and I would advocate a redzone WR in the draft this year.

Everett - I do not get why you draft a TE with your first pick ever as HC and then use him like a WR running out routes all day. Is he not what they thought they were getting? Not tough enough to work the middle? Not enough effort? i am just confused. McVay had a ton of success in Washington with TEs, so what is his issue here?

McVay - I'm going to keep hounding on this until it changes, McVay has to adapt to the defenses, he cannot sit in 11 personnel all day with bunch trips right and bunch trips left and fake the jetsweep. 3rd and 1 on the Goff interception? fumble? whatever. Why not go big with 12 personnel or add a FB and go 21 or heck 22. Its one yard. Let some of your OL just blast a guy every once in a while. He even mentioned running more 2 TE sets this last offseason. So why abandon it?

Defense - man is this team bad. And the coaching isn't much better. Wade isn't going to change, so its time to change him out. As far as players:
Suh - is gone.
Brockers - might possibly be gone
Barron - already gone, wait ,no he's out there dressed as a matador
Joyner - I...he...I mean...WTH, I have no idea other then he is pressing for that big longterm contract he is playing for.
Talib and Peters are back just because both are cheap and you cannot replace everyone.
Ebukam - I love the kid, but only as relief.
Fowler - I would look at him only on a decent contract.

Thats a lot of retooling. Esp. for a team looking for a SB.

ILB is my biggest hole right now, and adding a S next to JJ3.

I actually have a mock draft done and just never posted it because I don't want to rain on the SB parade. Maybe I will post it.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Observations on The Skid

Ram49875December 16, 2018 06:48PM

Vinny B and Lindsey Thiry on locker room post game

Ram49522December 16, 2018 06:52PM

Good ol smelling salt

Ram_Ruler475December 16, 2018 06:55PM

Re: Good ol smelling salt

Ramkind281December 16, 2018 07:01PM

I think it's a sign of how the team views itself

Ram_Ruler264December 16, 2018 07:14PM

doubt it