Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few questions to ponder this bye weekend...

November 25, 2018 09:30AM
Has Ebu truly turned the corner? I think it’s possible. He’s always had the measurables, heart, and football smarts. Perhaps he now has the confidence needed? We need to see some consistent good play game after game. Fingers crossed.

Is Fowler the answer at one edge? And will he be affordable for extension? Jury is still out on both questions, I think. Sure would be nice to have one less “hole” to fill next offseason, though.

Other than maybe some OL depth, are there any real “needs” on our entire O? Simply remarkable what S&M have done with O in just 2 offseasons. Pinch me.

Do we still need another TE to add to this roster? Unless one happens to be BPA at one of our picks? I’m not at all sure that I would consider one a “need”.

Can you believe that our WR corps has gone from pathetic in ‘16 to 4 deep in ‘18? Possibly our most improved unit. Another pinch me assessment.

Will Big Whit play in ‘19 if we win the SB this year? Should he? I’m optimistic about Boom, either way.

Why are both Suh and Brockers underwhelming this year? Is it scheming? Age? Injuries? WTH? I think Suh is a goner. You?

Barron looks like another goner, huh? Injuries, age, playing wrong position? Pick one. See ya!

Which Marcus Peters are we gonna see to finish this season? How can Wade match MP’s best skills with his overall scheme? I honestly don’t know how MP is gonna work out, although he’s virtually certain to be here in ‘19. One of this year’s biggest mysteries to me.

Will Talib be able to “settle down” our secondary in particular, and our entire D, in general? Kinda think so. Sure hope so.

Is GZ healthy or did he injure himself kicking off on that loose field at the Coliseum? This is a biggie.

Can Reynolds take off now that he’s gained experience and confidence? He’s sure looking like a quality starting WR to me. Not necessarily a #1 (whatever that is anymore), but a quality starter, nevertheless. Dang, we’re deep at WR now.

Don’t look now, but I think we have 2 real weapons at TE in Higbee and Everett. Each can wreck a DC’s best laid plans. Rams have an embarrassment of riches receiving Goff’s passes, even without Kupp.

Our scoring D numbers should improve over this next 5 game stretch against some weaker teams (other than the Bears). We shouldn’t be misled, unless the D becomes smothering as it was early in the season. Look for possible Wade tinkering moves during this stretch. He knows that his D isn’t “there” just yet. It’s gotta be frustrating to see all that D roster talent and still be struggling on the field. Sigh...

Will McVay have the Rams at a peak come that first playoff game? Unlike last year? I’m pretty sure he will because of lessons learned the hard way. Playoff competition is just “different”. Lol.

Has McVay been saving a wrinkle it two for this final 5 games to help secure HFA? And/or for critical moments during those playoff games? Frankly, I would be surprised if he hasn’t. No, I would be STUNNED if he hasn’t.

So, what will be our biggest offseason need, assuming Suh, Barron, and Joyner are gone? Depends a lot on how Ebu and Fowler work out, of course, but I’m thinking CB? Could easily be DT or LB, depending on BPA. Heck, maybe even S? Gonna be an active Ram FA and a helluva D oriented draft, IMO. I predict 3-5 new starters on D in ‘19, depending on how Ebu/Fowler work out.

Okay, y’all...

So what did I miss?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2018 09:34AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few questions to ponder this bye weekend...

Rams43402November 25, 2018 09:30AM

Re: A few questions to ponder this bye weekend...

The Professor211November 25, 2018 10:14AM

Rams43186November 25, 2018 10:40AM

why not make the connection

max187November 25, 2018 10:31AM

Re: why not make the connection

Rams43177November 25, 2018 10:45AM

Re: why not make the connection

max175November 25, 2018 12:11PM

great questions!

Steve153November 25, 2018 08:37PM

RamsFanSinceLA176November 27, 2018 08:30AM