Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Run Run Run Punt Prevent Defense has failed for years

November 21, 2018 03:08AM
Run Run Run Punt Prevent Defense has failed for years. Yet, so many fans, announcers, football people criticize coaches when they don't cave into this failed philosophy that we see games lost every single week in the NFL.

The math, the results, the analytics, have proven this over time.

The exception is a situation obviously where you can burn the clock where the other team has to get an excessive amount of yardage for the score needed whether it be a touchdown or field goal. Here is a good rule of thumb on when it is acceptable to run 3 times and punt.

A) Other team needs 3 points or less - no timeouts for other team. Projected time left when other team gets ball:

1) 15 seconds left - other team will most likely get the ball at the 30 - basically need 30 yards for a field goal
2) 30 seconds left - other team will most likely get the ball inside the 20 - basically need 40 yards for a field goal
3) Anything beyond that going for the first down to close out the game is the proper call

cool smiley Other team needs 6 points - no timeouts for other team. Projected time left when other team gets ball:

1) 15 seconds left - Other team gets ball at 50 - basically need 50 yards for TD. Although games have been lost on this too, I would consider it.
2) 30 seconds left - Other team gets ball at 30 - basically need 70 yards for TD.
3) Anything beyond that going for the first down to close out the game is the proper call

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2018 03:09AM by Rams_81.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Run Run Run Punt Prevent Defense has failed for years

Rams_81258November 21, 2018 03:08AM

Re: Run Run Run Punt Prevent Defense has failed for years

zn112November 21, 2018 05:03AM

Yeah...I would like to see that...

jemach92November 21, 2018 05:19AM

No it is mine but I would love to see what you are suggesting

Rams_8183November 21, 2018 05:30AM