Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, it’s been half a day since the final gun...

November 20, 2018 10:00AM
So I’m gonna throw out a few things here, some of which might make a few uncomfortable.

Yeah, we won. But geez, the Chiefs spotted us 13 points and 8 penalties before getting started. Then they added 5 turnovers. So, if we meet again in the SB on a neutral field... Gulp.

Talib will make a big difference for the Rams, I’m certain. A much needed one, I might add.

I’m virtually certain that Gurley was hurt early and was not 100%.

Question. Why didn’t either HC emphasize their respective running games to a greater degree? Would have kept the opposing potent O off the field more. I get that Gurley was probably hurt, but Malcolm Brown is no slouch and could have been quite effective. The game resembled Arena football most of the time. Did both HC’s overlook the obvious?

Is Big Whit winding down? Is it too soon to give Boom a few series to get some experience?

Refreshing to see Reynolds, Everett, and Higbee all step up, big time. Perfect timing.

Clearly, the Ram O and ST are SB worthy. But, is the D? We “held” the Chiefs to 51 points. Hard to type that sentence. Merlin and Deacon are spinning in their graves right about now. And Jack Youngblood is unavailable for comment. Lol.

Goff wasn’t perfect, but neither were his conditions to operate. Chiefs are a likely SB team, so any win over such a team is noteworthy. I wouldn’t trade Goff for ANY other NFL QB as of 2018.

AD is superhuman. He routinely wrecks opposing O’s. We got Sooooo lucky with that 13th overall pick.

Hekker was once again a stud when needed most. So many heroes on this team that he probably doesn’t get enough credit.

Is Suh’s presence sufficiently enhancing AD’s opportunities? I mean, $14 million worth? I don’t think so, frankly. I think he’s lost his fastball and is a goner in ‘19.

Don’t think Barron will be a Ram next year, either. Probably some kind of a trade.

Is Fowler’s presence helping Ebu? Of course it is, but I mean does it enable Ebu to become a quality starting OLB? Put another way, was Longacre’s poor play allowing opponents to take away Ebu? Speaking of Longacre, I doubt that he’s among the actives the rest of this season and is a goner next year. Duh!

Don’t know what to make of Peters. I once thought he was a lock to be extended, but now I’m not so sure. Heck, he might get beat out by a CB drafted in the 1st next year. He’s gotta win me over once again. What’s with the socks thing, btw? Sheesh.

Joyner’s a goner. Bank it. He’s very replaceable for a fraction of his salary.

Still predicting a minimum of 3 new starters on D next year. Suh, Barron, and Joyner all goners.

Some others are iffy based upon how they contribute during the final 5 games plus the playoffs.

Brockers
Fowler (salary demands will be a factor)
Ebu (one great game does not a season make)
Peters (can Wade fit him into the system, or not?)

Look, we just allowed 51 points to the Chiefs. We’ve allowed 282 points through 11 games, do the math. In the last 4 games Rams have allowed 154 points. That is not a misprint.

[www.espn.com]

This cannot continue if we hope to go to the SB. And it certainly cannot continue into 2019. Our O and ST can do just so much. Right now this D is resembling AD and the 10 dwarfs a bit too much, don’t you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2018 10:04AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, it’s been half a day since the final gun...

Rams43326November 20, 2018 10:00AM

Spinning off your post....

JamesJM116November 20, 2018 10:08AM

Both defenses were gassed ?

IowaRam62November 20, 2018 01:50PM

Re: Well, it’s been half a day since the final gun...

EternalHorns109November 20, 2018 10:10AM

73Ram85November 20, 2018 10:16AM

So basically you're saying the Rams weren't perfect

RockRam119November 20, 2018 10:18AM

some good points

stlramz83November 20, 2018 10:18AM

Re: some good points

Rams4390November 20, 2018 10:54AM

Here is what you have to worry about...

jemach78November 20, 2018 10:29AM

it’s been half a day since the final gun... May the best man win

Anonymous User125November 20, 2018 10:49AM

dzrams81November 20, 2018 10:52AM

Rams43144November 20, 2018 11:01AM

dzrams73November 20, 2018 12:02PM

Here's something I think about the defense.

Saguaro125November 20, 2018 01:47PM