Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some 'diff' observations (so I say) re: Saints game

November 06, 2018 02:54AM
Some different observations:

Yepparoo, I am convinced the Rams were and are better than the Saints. When/if they
meet again this year, I expect the Rams to win because the Saints don’t
Have enough weapons to scare the Rams defense; Wade will play it
totally different—and so will Peters and Talib, lol. If the we play in the dome, Goff looks more than capable of Winning on the road in New Orleans. Goff has been playing as well as any Ram QB ever has played (in 4-5 of his best games this year). Yep, after he wins the bowl, we will all say this: he is better than _______.

*The personal foul penalties by Donald and Saffold in the first half represented the laziness and stupidity of a mentally burned-out team. Rams didn’t have it together mentally or emotionally in the 1st half. Those are 2 Veterans ---who are smart guys. The bad tackling was another sign of this laziness, too. And of course , Peters topped it off with his 9 seconds of looking around for signals while the Saints were at the LOS—before the long TD that sealed it. Reee-dik-you-lus. DOn't forget Saffold dissing Goff....and Goff kept after him--great leader!!!!

*Not kicking the FG at 14-14 in the 1st quarter/early 2nd….stupid; another sign of a team that had a head coach who needs a break---overthinking. IT was a critical mistake in our loss.

*Otherwise: there was a lot to like in the game---not counting those first 5 Saints drives and Goff’s pick at 1:06 left in the half.

*The O line looked great in pass pro. Cam Jordan has dominated all year, and I didn’t see him do much. Cooks, Woods and Kupp did their thing. Everett flashed a few times. The O line was good. Goff is at 9.6 yds a pass---that is amazing—even in this era!

*Goff deserves some extra praise for his play. Goff made a few mistakes, but no surprise, he is in his 3rd year. What 3rd year QB makes so few mistakes? Goff is an artist through and through with his choices and execution on his throws---and he is already near to better than Warner away in my opine. Yep, I know era to era comparisons are hard. Goff is taking almost no risks in his throrws, while averaging 9.6 per throw, while Warner Had no constraints, making it much easier for Warner; and thus he threw a lot of Interceptions (22 in 2001)….while Goff is not as tough and savvy yet, he shows some things that Warner never could. Oh, wait, I forgot, Warner was perfect, lol.

*Fowler had some flash plays; he looks like a closer from the film I have seen. He has some moves, and a great first step, and a very good motor. He will makes some huge plays for us, in big games, against the Seahags, Eagles and hopefully against the Chiefs.

*Considering the Saints mostly made Gurley disappear,the offense was great.
Whilest watching the game, it looked like the Rams were the better team in the 2nd Half, My only disappointment, outside of Wade and Peters is that the offense totally failed on the last 2 drives. Goff could have waited for Woods in 1 on 1 coverage on that one series (on 4th down I think), but threw it up for Cooks. Bad call.

Some Defense talk:

*Rams were an all time bad ‘top 10’ defense through 8 games---all the good QBs on our schedule so far have made our defense look bottom 10 at best; I am not sure how so many fans Ignored that during our 8-0 run---but not many study the game. Can you study with a beer in the hand(?)—yes, I think so! (IDK what the D is ranked now).

*The defense doesn’t look physically tough. Littleton (who I love) and both safeties, who I like, don’t look tough; Barron is tough but very small. So, I don't think we scare anybody if you knwo what i mean. And Peters looks like a tackling wimp; Peters is the worst tackler in the NFL. The effort doesn’t look very good; Samson and Longacre and Fowler look tough, but the former 2 have not really made any big rushes/plays. Fowler will help a lot!!!!!!! More on him later.

*Overall the defense has more than enough talent, even with Peters poor play, to allow the Rams to beat any team, except the Chiefs. And, if Peters and Talib ‘return to form’, then we can beat the Chiefs, too.

*The Rams D may be embarrassed vs the Chiefs unless each Ram plays his career game. The Chiefs speed will make us look silly. The Rams chance to win is if the offense can control the ball by running 40 times, and Goff can have another great game, and so we can, maybe, control the game to get a win….if the ball tumbles the right way. We may need Bud Carson back to help Wade, though.

*When A Donald goes against very good guards we can expect a pretty quiet game. The 1984 Rams shut out the Bears in the sack department (the year they had 72 sacks). Kent HIll and Harrah along with 5 step passing game did that tot he Bears---like Brees did to us. Most pro bowl level guards will hold the fort against Donald for 2.5 seconds. He still made plays, though….he just wasn’t awesome because of the competition was so much better.

*Suh is pretty good against the run. Is that worth 14 million? No. But, he is smart, makes some nice rushers at LDE, and so he may be a 'cog' for us this year. No way he is back for more than 10 mill next year....how can any team justify that??

*Peters will be back next year, I think, lol. BUt, I think the Rams go corner in te first round. OBo might pan out, and then resign Fowler at 8-10 million...that is a plan, I think. We should have gotten Snacks Harrison while we could have...stash him away, and play in 2019 with him in place of Suh.

Still think 70% Rams go to the bowl this year. Saints won't. I would take Carolina over them. Brees won't last...til the end, this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2018 03:01AM by Steve.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some 'diff' observations (so I say) re: Saints game

Steve307November 06, 2018 02:54AM

good point on Jordan

21Dog116November 06, 2018 04:19AM