Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Green Bay players overreacting against Montgomery fumble, unless...

October 29, 2018 09:30AM
if he intentionally disobeyed a direct instruction by the coaching staff NOT to return a kick off.
There has been speculation that Montgomery was angry and decided he was going to bring it out anyway. To me, if he did that as an "in your face" to the HC, then he must be immediately released or suspended.

If neither happens, then I don't believe he was ordered not to try to return the Kick Off, even though anyone with a brain would NOT have. Players make mistakes; that doesn't make them insubordinate or saboteurs.

The idea that Green Bay and much of the football media takes it for granted that Rogers would have driven GB down for a winning FG is just absurd. I don't know what odds I would give it; but Rogers is not THAT magic that such a thing is almost automatic. Maybe that they seem to actually feel this way such that Montgomery has been thrown under the bus explains (at least partly) why GB is a .500 team this year.

So maybe it's not Montgomery who is "me instead of we"; perhaps it is Rogers and/or other players on this underachieving team.

That said, it was a crushing defeat, no doubt.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Green Bay players overreacting against Montgomery fumble, unless...

RockRam228October 29, 2018 09:30AM

Another bone head decision.. at least to some

SUretHing99October 29, 2018 09:35AM

Re: that reminds me...

spagsbacker104October 29, 2018 09:37AM