Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Walter Football

October 23, 2018 10:03AM
Not sure how many of you guys read "Walter Football", but I just thought I'd post his observations on our 2017 offseason for entertainment purposes. His lowest of the low grades in the "Millen".

Los Angeles Rams: MILLEN
Acquired: RB Lance Dunbar, WR Robert Woods, OT Andrew Whitworth, C John Sullivan, DT Tyrunn Walker, DE/OLB Connor Barwin, CB Nickell Robey-Coleman, CB Kayvon Webster.
Lost: QB Case Keenum, RB Benny Cunningham, WR Kenny Britt, WR Brian Quick, TE Lance Kendricks, C Tim Barnes, DE William Hayes, DE Eugene Sims, S T.J. McDonald.

I know some of you are concerned that I haven't handed out a Millen grade yet. Fear not, for the Rams have yet to be analyzed.

I don't understand what the Rams are doing at all. Their previous offseason was a complete disaster, as Jeff Fisher seemingly sabotaged the team by trading the farm for Jared Goff even though Carson Wentz was widely considered the better prospect, including by multiple members of the Rams' staff. The insanity continues despite Fisher no longer being with the franchise. The Rams began by hiring Wade Phillips. The former Bronco and Texan coordinator is a defensive genius, but he has a history of causing division in the locker room by pitting his defensive players against the offensive players if things aren't going well. He's also installing a new 3-4 defense, and it's not clear how the Rams' two top talents, Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn, will be able to adjust.

As for actual free agency, the Rams signed Robert Woods to one of the dumbest contracts anyone has ever seen. Woods, on a 5-year deal, is probably worth about $5 million. Maybe $6 million. Yet, the Rams gave him $39 million for some reason. Woods is a horrible receiver, yet he's being paid like a second-tier No. 1 wideout. It's ridiculous.

Furthermore, the Rams overpaid for a horrible corner in Kayvon Webster, and they also dumped a ton of money onto Andrew Withworth's lap. This may have been a good idea a few years ago, but Whitworth is now 35. He knows he won't win in Los Angeles, so it's painfully obvious that he's just taking the money and retiring to California. He might as well break into Stan Kroenke's house and steal a fancy-shmancy chandelier.

The one positive thing the Rams have done this offseason is sign Connor Barwin to a 1-year "prove it" contract, but that's not enough to save them from the dreaded Millen grade.

Read more: [walterfootball.com]

Read more at [walterfootball.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Walter Football

badgerdms865October 23, 2018 10:03AM

Can't stand this hack

Ram_Ruler412October 23, 2018 10:07AM

Re: Can't stand this hack

SUretHing317October 23, 2018 10:18AM

Classicalwit256October 23, 2018 10:47AM