Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just my opinion, but, these Rams are like Browns’ Browns

October 22, 2018 04:42AM
Those great old Cleveland Browns teams of Paul Brown were set up much like this Rams team. Precision offense with Otto Graham, Dante Lavelli, Max Speedie, and the alltime great Marion Motley. My dad once told me Motley was the greatest football he ever saw. I used to look at him cross eyed back in the 60’s when he said that. Then later I heard Paul Zimmerman say the same thing. Motley was a beast who did it all. Much like Gurley, Motley wasn’t a slippery back, he was a hybrid power back who was devastating on a screen pass and superhuman as a pass blocker.

But the biggest similarity in these 2 teams is Bill Willis and Aaron Donald. Willis was an undersized DT who dominated with speed, quickness, and uncanny strength. There isn’t much film on Willis, but what there is reminds me of Donald. Those old Browns teams were the first real dynasty of the NFL. And the key to them were Brown, Graham, Motley, and Willis. Much like the Rams, McVay, Goff, Gurley, and Donald.

Someone should right a story about this. I think it would be interesting to dig into the history and comparisons on different levels.

~ max ~
“The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity.” - Alexander Hamilton
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just my opinion, but, these Rams are like Browns’ Browns

max250October 22, 2018 04:42AM

tacklers bounced off Motley

21Dog123October 22, 2018 04:47AM

Re: you guys are old

Speed_Kills81October 22, 2018 04:57AM

Re: you guys are old

max82October 22, 2018 05:01AM

Re: well played sir lol! nm