Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why am I so optimistic about the Rams, you ask?

September 29, 2018 08:36AM
Well, here are a few reasons, and I’ll start with the O...

There is no defense against a well placed and perfectly thrown ball. Goff has been doing quite a few of those in his last 2 games. Jar dropping throws, actually.

Ask yourself what does one get when mixing the following:

A creative play designer that consistently exploits specific weaknesses in his opponents and never takes his foot off the gas pedal.

A football smart QB that can place the ball in tiny windows short, medium, and deep.

A world class RB that puts teeth into play action because he can kill you running inside, outside, and catching passes. Great in pass pro, never has to come off the field except for breathers. Once again an MVP candidate.

An OL that excels at both run blocking and pass pro from Big Whit all across to Hav. They open the entire playbook for the crafty McVay to utilize.

Three very football smart outstanding route running WR’s that seem to have flypaper hands and can snatch the ball out of the air. All three on the same page as Goff at all times.

There have even been TE sightings recently, as if the opposing D’s didn’t already have enough to worry about. Lol.

The result of the above is a highly combustible mixture that is already producing scoring averages in the mid thirties and it’s rising.

As to the D?

The run D has really clamped down and made opponents somewhat one dimensional. Advantage Rams.

Peters was back sooner than expected and should be close to 100% by the Seahawk game.

Shields seems to have shaken off the rust already and should more than hold the fort until Talib can return.

Wade continues to tinker with his front 7 and started getting better results by moving Suh and Brockers around.

Littleton has impressed me and I look forward to Barron’s return.

If Wade can somehow improve the edge rush, we are in business on D.

Gotta get an upgrade to Ficken. Hate to say “I told you so”... So I won’t. Anyway, GZ should return in a few weeks, I think. He’s only the league’s best kicker.

JoJo might be back by Seahawks game and Cooper should be back by midseason. If so, ST are back to top 5 status.

Bottom line? Unless we experience a devastating injury, I see no reason not to expect a 14-2 season and HFA throughout the playoffs. I mean, doesn’t this team look like the league’s best to y’all? And I honestly don’t think they have yet peaked. Probably won’t until late in the season.

No one enjoyed the GSOT more than yours truly. But I’ve gotta say that I think this new concoction might result in catching lightning in a bottle for the second time. And THIS time it’s built to last for maybe years and years.

THESE are the reasons that I’m happy this morning.

Hot Damn!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Why am I so optimistic about the Rams, you ask?

Rams43374September 29, 2018 08:36AM

I will raise you one

GarlicExile237September 29, 2018 08:48AM

Re: I will take 5-0.......Beat the Seachickens!!!!!

oldschoolramfan177September 29, 2018 09:05AM

Re: I will take 5-0.......Beat the Seachickens!!!!!

RamsFootballFans.com203September 29, 2018 09:19AM

It is because we are going slow ...

GarlicExile206September 29, 2018 10:27AM