Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thoughts on game...

September 28, 2018 03:44PM
What a victory! While the Vikings got within a score, I thought it was clear who was the better team.

I had a great time with my boys. We had more high five than we had in previous seasons!

My thoughts...

1) Goff - without question his best game as a Ram. He showed me a lot. There were areas I was hoping to see him improve over 2017. He has done so with flying colors. One of the biggest...throwing receivers open. But, he also was deadly accurate on all balls, short, intermediate and long. He wasn't checking down like he did last year. He showed accuracy from the pocket and on the move. I would dare to say that last night, he was Warner-like!

2) Wide receivers - It seems like one or the other is stepping up each week. It started with Kupp but everyone got in on the act. I was very pleased with my FFB roster player...Robert Woods. I had him listed as the first option to pick for the Rams wide outs. However, all of them are producing! Pick your poison!

3) Offensive line - What a job in the pass and run game.

4) Gurley - just a joy to watch. He was a beast running last night...7 yards, 8 yards, 9 yards...and many picked up from his hard running style and running through tacklers.

5) Tight Ends - I think we ran a 3 TE set last night on Woods TD...I didn't know we had 3 TEs...or 1. I sincerely hope we fix this hole in 2019.

6) Defensive line - we got zero penetration from the outside. With the comment I'm making about the LBs, they are going to need to step up. It's not all their fault. QBs are getting rid of the ball quickly. Most of the passes are traveling 5-9 yards. Quick releases make it tough to get to the QB. They have held up well against the run.

7) Linebackers - ugh. Other than TEs, this is without a doubt the worst unit on our team. We are getting torched on short routes that are caught at 5 yards and run for another 10. The defensive line and secondary need to step up to cover the shortcomings of this unit. I miss Mark Barron.

8) Corners - I have no complaints. Kirk Cousins is uncanny accurate. He made some outstanding throws. We went up against one of the top two duos in the NFL in Theilan and Diggs, along with Rudolph at TE. I thought Peters played slow but liked how Sam Shields stepped up and played well.

9) Safties - Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not happy with this group's performance. They seem to be late way too often.

10) Ficken - We miss Zuerlein. We had to punt instead of try a long FG that was in Zuerlein's range. The miss made the ending way more interesting than it should have been.

11) Hekker - I'll "punt" on this but he wasn't the Hekker we know and love.

12) Return game - was adequate.

13) McVay - I'll say one word....Wow!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2018 03:52PM by jemach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thoughts on game...

jemach520September 28, 2018 03:44PM

Re: Thoughts on game...Shields

Steve236September 28, 2018 07:23PM

Re: Thoughts on game...Shields

BC Ramsfan282September 28, 2018 10:01PM

Safeties have not played well

Hazlet Hacksaw185September 29, 2018 02:08AM

Re: Safeties have not played well

bigjimram21177September 29, 2018 10:36AM

Re: Thoughts on game...