Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I disagree with portions of that article.

September 21, 2018 08:15AM
I thought this was going to be an article about which team has the advantage in THIS game. What does long-term sustainability have to do with that?

Or is it an article about who has the advantage winning hearts and minds in LA over the coming years? Then what do some of the matchups in this game matter? It's like Gonzalez is writing two different articles with two different purposes here and then mashing them together.

Gurley and Gordon are not an equal matchup in my eyes. Where was Gordon in the MVP conversation last year?
Gordon is a very good back. Gurley is a great back.

The overall talent on these two teams is not a push. Not even close.

Are there two future HOFers on the Charger dline? Not that I'm aware of. Bosa isn't playing, and it's too early to declare him that yet, anyway.

Does Gonzalez really think these two secondaries are the same quality? The Chargers' is ok, but not like what the Rams have back there.
Mahomes passed them silly, and they are victims of his astonishing start for the season.

Finally, the pass-blocking of the interior of their oline is weak. I base that on watching both their games. Rivers is helping them with quick decisions and release.

All that being said, the "any given Sunday" rule is definitely in effect here, the Chargers aren't chopped liver, and the Rams need to take care of business at a high level to win this game.

Ramily!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tale of the tape: Rams, Chargers ready for battle of L.A.

RamBill403September 21, 2018 07:51AM

I disagree with portions of that article.

Saguaro252September 21, 2018 08:15AM

Re: I disagree with portions of that article.....big time

Rampage2K-161September 21, 2018 09:20AM

agreed, good post, Sag. nm

SunTzu_vs_Camus132September 21, 2018 09:23AM

Re: Here's my take......It's the Chargers that have their hands full.

oldschoolramfan221September 21, 2018 09:38AM

Chargers Rams allegiance is what it is...

JamesJM145September 21, 2018 09:50AM

Re: Chargers Rams allegiance is what it is...

Rampage2K-187September 21, 2018 10:03AM

That's good advice...

JamesJM158September 21, 2018 10:43AM

Re: That's good advice...

Rampage2K-233September 21, 2018 10:54AM

Is he calling my wife a @#$%&?

RamUK192September 22, 2018 03:54AM