Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You inspired me to do the same. Watched both games.

September 19, 2018 05:29PM
Here's some of my thoughts.

Rivers' experience just shines through. He almost always knows exactly what he wants to do with the ball, and then just executes crisply.
He's a challenge for sure. But his confidence still gets him into trouble once in a while, and he'll try to put the ball where he shouldn't.

Their receivers and Melvin Gordon dropped a few, but most of that was in the first half of the first game. They had scored 12 in 3 Q's against KC.
Maybe just some of their rust showing. Against the Bills, their passing game looked formidable, and Gordon was scary out of the backfield.
But how much of that was "against the Bills"?

Their oline was nothing special run blocking and fairly poor pass blocking.
They depend on Rivers' quick decision-making, but pressure can be had against them. Especially in the middle.

On defense, their pass rush was spotty. Sometimes there, sometimes not. A good oline like the Rams can handle it.

Man, there are holes in their defense. They get spaced out and there's room to make plays against them.
The Rams should be able to exploit this defense for chunk plays.

The Chargers are a mistake-prone, but talented team. I don't think that's a secret. If they're inspired and on their game, they could be dangerous.
Last week, I think the "any given Sunday" rule was suspended. The Cards were never going to beat the Rams.
This week it's back in effect. Given the right combination of Ram mistakes and Charger execution, this game could be dangerous.

But I think the Rams win and maybe even easily. Suh and Donald are finally going to get sacks going against the middle of the Charger Oline.
Goff will have time and there are going to be open receivers running free. Turkey-carving time.

Even the confident Rivers will find himself both pressured and uncertain where to put the ball against this dline and secondary.

The Rams have too much talent in too many places and will put it together this week.

Note: Travis Benjamin not a great receiver, but he can really put the Jet in the jet sweep.

Ramily!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Chargers

Coy Bacon417September 19, 2018 03:50PM

Re: I think Game 3......Our DLINE will hit it's stride.

oldschoolramfan171September 19, 2018 04:02PM

Always liked Rivers

waterfield143September 19, 2018 04:08PM

Re: The Chargers

Barf33213September 19, 2018 04:27PM

You inspired me to do the same. Watched both games.

Saguaro189September 19, 2018 05:29PM