Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: why the offensive drop (ranking)?

September 06, 2018 06:08AM
Why do they rank the Rams offense lower than last years results? Did having a year together with the same offense and 10 returning starters cause them to be projected lower? Or is it because Watkins and TA are gone? Maybe the league has tape on the Rams McVay offense now? I'm certain New England has always had it, but they don't share with the league!. Wasn't McVay the offensive coordinator for the Skins before? There ere must have been some tape teams could study before last season or even by mid season last year? I'm at a loss on this one unless his offense is so complex that it just perplexes other teams and they needed a whole season to run algorithms to figure it out.

Could it be that other teams offenses got better, like the Steelers and there new running back or the Patriots with that great group of receivers and a 40 year old QB who is still on the upswing. Green Bay getting Rodgers back will certainly help them. But why would the Rams drop off?

My prognosis is that the Rams offense will be better this year than last, they will be more dynamic, mature and consistent. They will adapt and find weakness in the defenses they face quicker. Best of all the defensive will make the offense better at least production wise. The defense will give them the ball more frequently via 3 and outs, good field position and more turnovers than last years did. Here's to hoping there is a drop off (statically) because the coach will frequently be resting the starters by the middle of the 4th quarter!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FootballOutsiders: 2018 DVOA projections

LMU93260September 06, 2018 04:55AM

hammer233September 06, 2018 06:08AM

LMU93121September 06, 2018 06:23AM

Cool

SUretHing116September 06, 2018 06:34AM

Re: So basically it's a guess....

dzrams106September 06, 2018 08:49AM