Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This just jumped off the page at me from the Peter King piece...

September 03, 2018 06:55AM
McVay told me in camp he realizes he has to stay progressive to remain ahead of the defenses that have spent an offseason studying his play-calling, his tempo, even his cadences. Early one morning, in his tape den on the campus of UC-Irvine, McVay told me what he’d spent the last few months working on. “The basic thing for us is: What are we doing offensively in order to try and conflict defenses? Whether it’s their matchup responsibilities, or being able to learn our cadence, learn our formations and motion and tempo. We have to use those as weapons to apply pressure to the defense. Our offense is totally different now from this time a year ago. I think it’s all about adjusting and adapting to our players.”

Why would McVay want to make his offense “totally different” from the best offense in the game last fall? “I would say that in terms of some of the core ways of we run the football—some of the personnel groupings that we operate out of might be different. But the way we’ll do it, whether it be formationally, whether it be tempo-driven, at the line, in the huddle … In the span of a year, our players’ ability to process has enabled us to have a little bit more versatility.”

I don’t know about y’all, but reading this made me feel tingly and warm and fuzzy at the same time.

Kinda reinforces some hints we’ve been reading about through camp.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OMG. We are done for.

NewMexicoRam690September 03, 2018 05:54AM

This just jumped off the page at me from the Peter King piece...

Rams43368September 03, 2018 06:55AM

Good take.

NewMexicoRam214September 03, 2018 07:25AM

Re: This just jumped off the page at me from the Peter King piece...

RFIP285September 03, 2018 07:37AM

Re: This just jumped off the page at me from the Peter King piece...

max209September 03, 2018 07:38AM

Goff was a bad QB and not is a good QB

Rams_81211September 03, 2018 08:16AM

Kings evaluations have been accurate in the past.

Rams_81195September 03, 2018 08:11AM