Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: So holding out for ELITE players is leverage?

September 01, 2018 11:03AM
Rampage2K-
dzrams
RamBill
Aaron Donald's Record-Breaking Contract Reinforces Why All Elite Players Should Hold Out

[www.si.com]

Who woulda thunk it!? Sorry couldn't help it. LoL

Don't kid yourself.... The Rams were going to "pay the man" regardless if he held out or not, but yes it helps for some who like to miss training camp...I'm guessing the contract he signed was very very close to what they were offering months ago and right about what I predicted a month ago, but even better for Rams than I thought with the six years. Seems like the Rams used they're leverage also in this deal...who woulda thunk it ?

Odell got a pretty good deal by playing the good soldier, so there are other ways to go about it sometimes.

Btw, Highly doubtful any player would actually sit out multiple years if a team really wanted to take them to the wall on one of these deals.

The contract looks pretty close to what I thought too. My prediction was $23M.

But I think you may be kidding yourself. This was a hard negotiation that required significant movement on both sides. All the signs point to that being the case from Demoff's statement that the parties placed widely different values on Donald to reports soon thereafter on several occasions that there had been breakthroughs in the negotiations. You don't keep having "breakthroughs" unless the two sides started a significant distance apart. So I seriously doubt that the contract signed is very close to any months ago offer.

The rest of your post may be true but is besides my point which is holding out is a form of leverage.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald's Record-Breaking Contract Reinforces Why All Elite Players Should Hold Out

RamBill314September 01, 2018 07:03AM

Re: Aaron Donald's Record-Breaking Contract Reinforces Why All Elite Players Should Hold Out

reggae126September 01, 2018 07:26AM

dzrams140September 01, 2018 09:47AM

Rampage2K-115September 01, 2018 10:23AM

dzrams101September 01, 2018 11:03AM