Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A fascinating post about Ram players that are Top 10 ATP by AvengerRam...

August 23, 2018 06:49AM
ATP stands for At Their Positions, btw.

Here’s AvengerRam...

I was musing, in a moment of quiet contemplation, about who the top 10 current Rams are AT THEIR POSITION (my mind, alas, tends to wander at times).

In other words, I'm not ranking them in terms of their value to the team. Rather, I'm ranking them in terms of how the compare to their counterparts in the league.

Here's what I came up with:

1. Aaron Donald
He is the No. 1 player at his position (arguably the best defender in the NFL), so this one was easy.

2. Johnny Hekker
While there can be some reasonable debate, I suppose, I think the consensus would be that he's the NFL's best punter.

3. Todd Gurley
Gurley is clearly in the top tier of RBs with L'Veon Bell, Ezekiel Elliott and David Johnson.

4. Marcus Peters
Here's where I think the debate starts. I'd rank Peters in the top 10, maybe the top 5-7, among CBs.

5. Ndamukong Suh
He's on the downside of his career, but I'd still say he's a solid top 10 at DT.

6. Andrew Whitworth
Another declining player, but still borderline elite.

7. Greg Zuerlein
He was arguably the best PK in the league last year before he was hurt. Hopefully, he'll return to that level.

8. Pharoh Cooper
He's not the most dangerous or explosive kick/punt returner in the NFL, but he was the most consistent and productive one last year (until a bad day against Atlanta).

9. LaMarcus Joyner
Joyner fared very well in his first year at FS.

10. Nickel Robey-Coleman
I struggled on the question of how to round out the list. I think our WRs are all very good, but there are a lot of good WRs in the NFL. I considered Aqib Talib, and maybe some will say he should be on this list. I chose NRC by categorizing him as a nickel/slot CB. At that specialty spot, I think he is among the best.

Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2018 06:49AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A fascinating post about Ram players that are Top 10 ATP by AvengerRam...

Rams43293August 23, 2018 06:49AM

Re: not even sure Suh is on decline....

spagsbacker178August 23, 2018 07:00AM