Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Who had more exciting offseason-Rams or Lakers? GMFB

July 20, 2018 03:10AM
Well this is a hard question.

I am still catching my breath over what the Lakers did in the draft and free agency and watching Hart and Svi in the summer league. I am pumped about the Lakers though I think they blew it by not resolving he Randle situation so that he remained on the team.

The Rams had a great off season and seem ready to compete for the title. There is no dominant team in football right now and in fact if a dominant team were to emerge I think it would be the Rams. The Lakers seem like a playoff team but a long shot still to win a championship especially with the Warriors standing in the way. The Rams have what I think is the best roster in the NFL and the best coaching staff and they are ready to compete for the championship. Hence I am a little more pumped about the Rams in terms of performance. I am pumped about the Lakers since they won't such anymore and our young guys will have a leader that will make them better fast.

Giving a shout out to the Dodgers I love the team on the field except the pitching. Kershaw is still good but he is no longer the best pitcher in baseball and we don't have a great # 2 and 3 starter. We will hit a ton but I don't think we have the pitching to advance to and win the world series.

That said this is the best that it has been since I was a kid. Lakers had Baylor (my favorite and all time underrated player) and West, Dodgers had Koufax and Drysdale (my favorite) and the Rams had the Fearsome Foursome with Gabriel, Snow, Casey and a great offensive line. Those were the glory days when all 3 teams were really good and when I started following them. We are now in a similar territory in my view 55 years later.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Who had more exciting offseason-Rams or Lakers? GMFB

Rampage2K-260July 19, 2018 01:00PM

Rams BY FAR!!

Ramgator191July 19, 2018 01:21PM

Re: Rams BY FAR!!

Rampage2K-190July 19, 2018 01:27PM

Best player in the game THESE days doesn't say a whole lot.

Ramgator189July 19, 2018 04:31PM

oldmanram186July 19, 2018 11:29PM

David Deacon139July 20, 2018 03:10AM

well said nm

21Dog118July 20, 2018 04:18AM

bigjimram21159July 20, 2018 06:13AM

last year for Warriors

ferragamo79141July 20, 2018 07:54AM