Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: means nothing

June 27, 2018 12:38PM
Rampage2K-
zn
Rampage2K-
JD ended the discussion with something like this - "sooner or later the narrative is going to change as camp gets closer from "pay the man" to "hey Donald, when you gonna sign the deal?"

Said he's heard from multiple sources the the Rams have a "very very large offer" on the table.

I'm guessing a deal is done before, Aug 7th( my birthday btw sst smiley) as that is the deadline for him to report to camp or lose a year of eligibility towards free agency.

#1 he can't "hear that from sources" ----there is absolutely no source that KNOWS. So what he's doing is just repeating speculations he heard, which he is hoping the unwary take as fact. Cause you know. Fill the airwaves. Advertizers pay for that.

#2 unless we know the actual amount there is no real way to know if it is a "large offer" or not. I mean are tv sports talking heads cap experts? If you asked him the amounts and years on the contracts that set the market for Donald, would he even know? 19 M for example might look like a "large amount" to some not very cap savvy talking head, but in reality, given the market situation, it would be a lowball.

Donald can report Aug 7th with or without a deal so the idea that the deal must be done by then is as bogus as everything else your guy said.

My guy? Lmfaolol3

Do you really think that there aren't plenty of people who know exactly what the offer is??? Obviously the Rams aren't going to "officially" announce the offer, but I guarantee there are plenty of people who have a good idea of what the offer looks like.

The highest paid DL in the NFL right now is $17m ...don't know how $19m would be considered a "low ball" offer??? It might not be enough, but it's laughable to think that is a low ball offer given the market situation....the language and the G-money are the biggest factors in this negotiations imo.

Btw, he said that until the official offer is released there is no reason to try to blame one side or the other that "it takes two to tango"

I really think there is no one, since there IS no one. Notice no one in LA reports a figure and don't even indicate that there are credible rumors to the contrary.

The "highest paid DT" is an irrelevant consideration, since Donald will be paid as the highest defender. That is why all the credible reports we have on this, from VB to Schefter, argue that the offer will be "north of 20 M." Notice Demoff himself does not group Donald with other DTs--his own criteria is the best defenders in the game, and the last substantial contract to meet that description was to Von Miller for 19 M in 2016, 2 contract years ago. Any offer that does not exceed that is a lowball.

Donald knows, and the Rams know, because this is obvious, that older contracts for lesser DTs do not apply here. .

I agree that it takes 2 to tango.

Since no one actually knows anything, we don't know if the delay is from the Rams, from Donald, from both, or from neither.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFL Live leads off show with AD talk

Rampage2K-440June 27, 2018 08:49AM

Re: NFL Live leads off show with AD talk

LMU93171June 27, 2018 09:35AM

means nothing

zn247June 27, 2018 09:50AM

Rampage2K-243June 27, 2018 11:33AM

Ramsdude221June 27, 2018 12:07PM