Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waiting for the FO to prove me wrong

May 29, 2018 02:02PM
but I just don't feel good that we have an effective strategy in place to reward and pay players.

In the next year, we have to pay Donald, Cooks and Joyner and all (maybe not Joyner cuz safeties dont get paid that much) are going to cost top dollar.

Saffold, Havenstein and Brown all expire in 2019 as well. I suspect Saffold is going to get big offers if we let him hit FA. His health has been better and he is a beast in the run game. along with being able to back up tackle as needed.

Talib, Brockers, Whitworth, Peters and Gurley are all up in 2020, along with Zeurlein and Pharoh Cooper.

Again the CBs are going to be $$$ to extend, and I would hate for us to let Gurley walk.

We can't put the franchise tag on all of them.

(BTW all of this is based on Spotrac expiration dates.)

The only really good player we have on a long contract is Woods.

It just feels to me like this is all going to blow up on us, and fairly quickly. Someone in another thread made a comment about getting reasonable extensions with players like Brown and Havenstein. For whatever reason, it seems like extending players before they get super expensive is just something that our current FO is just against doing, with the exception of players they intend to release or trade.

With a good to very good QB only 2 years into his 5-year rookie contract, we should have the ability to get a nucleus paid and extended. But we don't seem to be doing that AT ALL.

Guys, talk me down and tell me that our FO has a plan, other than to try really hard to win a SB in the next two years and then lets scads of good players walk. Because that is what it is looking like to me right now.

John

PS It is a really nice problem to have that you have so many really good players that need to be paid. But it is a problem nonetheless.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Waiting for the FO to prove me wrong

PeoriaRa393May 29, 2018 02:02PM

The "plan"

waterfield180May 29, 2018 02:16PM

Re: Waiting for the FO to prove me wrong

David Deacon160May 29, 2018 04:10PM

Rams have the most cap room in NFL next year

ferragamo79179May 29, 2018 05:34PM

Right and the Rams will lose some players

Atlantic Ram131May 29, 2018 05:56PM