Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Okoronkwo suffers broken foot, will require surgery

May 21, 2018 02:34PM
Didn't see this posted yet. Sigh... Out at least until week 1. With no practice, I doubt we'll even see him until late season at best. Were goona have to pick up a rotational guy before the season begins. Maybe a late cap casualty vet. BUMMER!.

[www.turfshowtimes.com]

The Rams’ fifth-round pick will be out until the regular season missing all of Phase III with OTAs and minicamp, training camp and the preseason.

Injury. It’s always the biggest villain.

It has struck again in the form of a broken foot for Los Angeles Rams rookie EDGE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo during practices in Phase II of the offseason program.

It’s a tough blow for fans who were expecting Okoronkwo to make a big splash as a rookie. Following the trade of OLB Robert Quinn and having not brought in any veterans to the position like re-signing OLB Connor Barwin or an oft-rumored acquisition of EDGE Junior Galette, the Rams certainly had room for a potential starting opportunity for Okoronkwo. While OLB Samson Ebukam and OLB Matt Longacre have been penciled in as the likely starters, there was always going to be a chance for Okoronkwo to break out in training camp and the preseason, a chance that now can be completely tossed out.

His absence should open snaps up for the rest of the EDGE depth chart, but we’ll have to see how things look throughout Phase III and into camp and how the rehab on his foot progresses.

UPDATE

Rams Head Coach Sean McVay confirmed at the press conference after organized team activities today that Okoronkwo has already had the surgery and will be in training camp though perhaps not ready for the first practice.

One of One.... The GOAT

[ramsrule.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Okoronkwo suffers broken foot, will require surgery

THE FANATIC793May 21, 2018 02:34PM

Trevon Young just got his shot.

alyoshamucci316May 21, 2018 03:05PM

Re: Trevon Young just got his shot.

LMU93286May 21, 2018 03:30PM

Re: Trevon Young just got his shot.

zn365May 21, 2018 03:36PM

and I'm wrong -:)