Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Success" should create more of the same in the NFL.

May 01, 2018 06:25AM
If the Rams win it all, or come close -- I like their odds -- then they're going to be one of the most sought after destinations for the best free agents. Throw in LA weather, the new stadium, access to the center of the media world -- though New Yorkers might argue with that -- and you've got even more reason for players to want to play for the Rams.

That means 2018 is crucial beyond just the game itself, the standings, the championship this time. It can set the table for the Rams to be perennial contenders.

Of course, the old saw is true at the same time. With success, new issues arise, and in the NFL that means the cap, primarily. But I'm pretty optimistic that the current crew can handle that well, and I don't think many people would say:

"Well, I don't want them to win, cuz that means they'll lose their best players."

So, they gotta DO this!! They need to win in 2018. Winning in 2018 likely means they can improve their roster for 2019, beyond the draft, beyond internal progress of existing players. They're gonna have their pick of the litter, folks. The best free agents, etc.

This is a good time to be a Rams fan!

beer cheer smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2018 06:26AM by Billy_T.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

"Success" should create more of the same in the NFL.

Billy_T169May 01, 2018 06:25AM