Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Interesting post re Brian Allen by XXXIVwin...

April 30, 2018 01:28PM
Steve
Every snap break down is the way, not high lights.
He is tough, smart---and stronger than Tim Barnes....good ol Jeff's boy!

That was Boudreau's boy. Just as Allen is Kromer's boy, not McVay;s.

I think a lot of people missed why Boudreau liked Barnes. And Wells. And his centers from before. Not that Barnes rated as highly as some of those but he's a similar type.

Boudreau liked movement in his centers, and getting to the 2nd level. Jackson used to express amazement at how well Wells did that. Similarly pull up any highlight of a long Gurley run from 2015, and there's a good chance you will see Barnes downfield getting key blocks. Barnes descended some in 2016, but then every Rams lineman descended in 2016.

Kromer values different things. So Allen will have different strengths than Barnes. Seems to me Allen is more of a one on one mauler.

As a rule, when you have a top OL coach, and the team drafts OL, that guy is heavily involved in the choice. That was true of Hanifan back in his day, which was kind of unfortunate, since Hanifan was not always very good at scouting OL talent (see Travis Scott, Jim St. Clair, Kaulana Noa, Andrew Kline, Cameron Spikes and Glenn Rountree.). Kromer may be better than Hanifan at that.

So I think you can pretty much count on it. Allen is a Kromer guy.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Interesting post re Brian Allen by XXXIVwin...

Rams43637April 30, 2018 09:31AM

Steve244April 30, 2018 10:11AM

zn182April 30, 2018 01:28PM