Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dorance Armstrong Jr. is intriguing Day 3 option after visiting Rams

April 17, 2018 02:52PM

Link

By: Cameron DaSilva | 10 hours ago

The Los Angeles Rams are gearing up for the 2018 NFL Draft despite not having a pick in the first two rounds. As a result of trading for both Sammy Watkins and Brandin Cooks, the Rams will have to wait until No. 87 rolls around to make their first selection.

Fortunately for them, this is a deep class at their top positions of need: edge rusher. They’ve shown a great deal of interest in that position, hosting guys like Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Kylie Fitts and Joe Ostman. Well, you can add another name to the growing list of outside linebackers to visit the Rams.

According to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, Kansas edge rusher Dorance Armstrong Jr. visited Los Angeles, suggesting the Rams are interested in him.

Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL

Kansas' Dorance Armstrong visits Rams, Bills, Seahawks, works out for Patriots, Texans, several other teams [www.houstonchronicle.com] … via @HoustonChron
8:17 AM - Apr 17, 2018
Kansas' Dorance Armstrong visits Rams, Bills, Seahawks, works out for Patriots, Texans

Armstrong has already conducted private workouts for the Texans, New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans, San Francisco 49ers, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs.

Armstrong is an intriguing prospect who’s likely to be around in the third and fourth rounds. His numbers at Kansas are underwhelming, which will probably hurt his draft stock, but he wasn’t used properly.

A bit out of his element as a 4-3 defensive end, Armstrong had just 1.5 sacks and nine tackles for loss – down from his 10 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in 2016. However, at 6-foot-4, 257 pounds with 34.75-inch arms, Armstrong fits perfectly in a 3-4 defense at outside linebacker.

His pass-rush moves are unrefined and he’s still a relatively raw prospect. Fortunately, Wade Phillips is one of the best defensive coordinators in the NFL and should have no trouble maximizing Armstrong’s potential.

As a potential Day 3 pick, Armstrong would give the Rams an athletic pass rusher to complement their dominance on the interior. His agility drills – the 3-cone drill, 20-yard shuttle and 60-yard shuttle – all ranked among the best at his position in Indianapolis, so the athleticism is there.

He just needs to improve as a complete pass rusher, which is certainly possible at the next level.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude488April 17, 2018 02:52PM

man, these are the reasonable talents that will be there...when we pick..

SunTzu_vs_Camus285April 17, 2018 02:55PM

Re: man, these are the reasonable talents that will be there...when we pick..

Ramsdude213April 17, 2018 02:58PM

If he's there at 87?

alyoshamucci245April 17, 2018 03:17PM

Re: If he's there at 87?

ramzilla272April 17, 2018 03:51PM