Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dez Bryant says Jared Goff 'is going to be special,' joining Rams would be fun

April 16, 2018 02:27PM

Link

If adding Ndamukong Suh, Brandin Cooks, Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib wasn’t enough for one offseason, the Los Angeles Rams could add yet another Pro Bowler to the roster prior to the draft. Dez Bryant, following his release from the Dallas Cowboys on Friday, is an unrestricted free agent and can be signed at any time by any team.

After acquiring Brandin Cooks via trade, the Rams look like unlikely candidates to land Bryant. After all, they have the least amount of cap space, are deep at wide receiver and don’t exactly need to add yet another strong personality to the locker room.
Related
Todd Gurley would love to have Dez Bryant in L.A.: 'Come to the Rams'

That didn’t stop Bryant from sharing his thoughts on a potential fit with the Rams, however. He told Mike Fisher of 24/7 Sports that he loves the city of Los Angeles and the direction the team is headed.

“The QB (Jared Goff) is going to be special and (Todd Gurley) is a beast,” he said. “(Newly acquired Brandin) Cooks is a good deep threat. That’d be fun.”

Everything about the Rams right now is “fun.” They have one of the best defensive lines in the NFL, a secondary filled with ball hawks and the NFL’s top-scoring offense from a year ago – an offense that just added Cooks to the mix.

Bryant would certainly make the Rams even better, giving Goff a dominant force in the red zone, but he’s far from a strong fit in L.A. The Rams have too many players to sign – namely Aaron Donald – and wouldn’t exactly benefit from adding an outspoken player like Bryant to an offense that isn’t predicated on getting one receiver the ball.

Last season, Sammy Watkins saw only 70 targets, which was less than several tight ends and running backs across the league. That’s the sort of attention Bryant would see in Los Angeles, potentially even less with Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and Cooks as the starting wide receivers.

As fun as it is to think about Bryant coming in and wearing a Rams uniform, it’s not going to happen. There simply isn’t a great enough need at wide receiver to warrant signing the former Cowboy.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude808April 16, 2018 02:27PM

Dez Bryant says Jared Goff 'is going to be special'

Anonymous User424April 16, 2018 02:40PM

Re: Dez Bryant says Jared Goff 'is going to be special'

Ramsdude295April 16, 2018 02:49PM

yeah me too dude

ferragamo79219April 16, 2018 03:13PM

Wait a minute!

stlramz176April 16, 2018 07:32PM

Re: Wait a minute!

Ramsdude149April 17, 2018 03:04AM

Re: Dez Bryant says Jared Goff 'is going to be special,' joining Rams would be fun

BeachBoy204April 16, 2018 03:16PM

Not exactly the strongest group of red zone threats

Ram_Ruler258April 16, 2018 03:45PM

Re: Are you agreeing to the vet minimum, Dez?

dzrams185April 16, 2018 06:34PM

Re: Are you agreeing to the vet minimum, Dez?

zn244April 16, 2018 09:15PM

Pass the bangers and mash!

NewMexicoRam167April 17, 2018 02:37AM

Re: That's where I was going with it...

dzrams136April 17, 2018 05:57AM

Re: That's where I was going with it...

zn202April 17, 2018 07:25PM