Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here’s what AD told McVay about signing Suh...

April 13, 2018 06:08AM
Here's what Aaron Donald told Sean McVay about adding Ndamukong Suh
Cameron DaSilva

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

One of the hurdles the Los Angeles Rams had to get over in order to sign Ndamukong Suh was ensuring that Aaron Donald was OK with the move. That’s not to say he could have prevented the team from inking Suh, but upsetting him by signing an outside free agent to a contract worth double his salary wouldn’t have been wise long-term.

Fortunately, Donald gave Les Snead and Sean McVay the green light after he was approached about the possibility of Suh joining the Rams. That came as no surprise, knowing Donald’s personality and demeanor, but the Rams were right to ask him before making a splash like that.

McVay and Snead shared insight on Donald’s response to the Rams hosting Suh, but we never heard it from his mouth. On Episode 3 of “Behind the Grind,” Donald spoke on the situation.

“Coach McVay called me and was asking me about it and asked how I would feel about it, and I said, ‘Hey, if he can come in and do what he’s been doing and making plays, bring him in, Coach! We’re trying to win a Super Bowl.”

The idea of adding Suh to a defensive line that already featured Donald and Michael Brockers seemed like a pipe dream. After all, the Rams didn’t exactly have the most money to offer and play a scheme that Suh’s never been in.

However, the former Lion and Dolphin put money aside and focused on winning, which is something the Rams did plenty of a year ago. He’s excited about playing with Donald, and the feeling is mutual.

“You got Brock on the other side. You got Suh, and then you got myself,” Donald added. “And I know they’re going to bring some new, good edge rushers in to help us, too. So I’m excited to work with him, play with him, build a brotherhood with him, so we’re gonna see.”

The Rams still have plenty of work to do in the draft – particularly at linebacker – but they’re in great shape at this point in time. Simply having Donald, Suh and Brockers on the same defensive line, to go along with Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters and Lamarcus Joyner in the secondary, gives them one of the top defenses in the NFL.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Here’s what AD told McVay about signing Suh...

Rams43419April 13, 2018 06:08AM

These Quotes came from Behind the Grind Part 3

RamsFanSince69201April 13, 2018 06:27AM

Re: Donald is worth every penny he gets........Why?

oldschoolramfan165April 13, 2018 07:30AM