Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Philipps and a couple more linebacker vists to the Rams

April 13, 2018 10:47AM
“On a 90-man roster, we still need six or seven more linebackers just to fill out the roster,” he said. “[It’s] the same thing with most positions that you have, because you go down to 53 and now you have to get back to 90 somehow and you only get seven draft picks.

So, free agency, getting some rookies and those things are going to fill in the roster.”

It's the free agent bin that gets me interested.
Guys that aren't drafted; Guys that failed to get an invite to an all star game, or combine, or overlooked on their pro day cuz some larger entity was the focus.

BTW, was just listening to the CB / LB from Central Arkansas Tremon Smith on Sirius. Never had clocked that name before. Then he showed up on a recent private for the Rams. Why?
That took a moment, and then there was this from a link on his pro day.....
An AFC scout ins quoted as saying they'd hope to sneak him into the 7th round, but after his pro day that all changed.
Then I couldn't find anything on his pro day, but then there was this

2018 PRO DAY RECAP: Smith lit things up at two Pro Days in the past month. In the first he traveled to Ouchita Baptist and then he attended his team's on-campus one at UCA.

He ran one of the fastest 40s of the entire spring for any athlete, notching a 4.32. That alone has turned heads, and his on-the-field production was solid too, finishing with 15 career INTs for the Bears. He's also incredible in the special teams department, which will help.

[herosports.com]

Add also our own local product for a visit.
UCLA's LB Kenny Young
I have some mixed memories of his work. He kind of shined at times, and then didn't have a great 2017 campaign. Not sure if he regressed, but I would think he would have been a leader in tackles for the Bruins in his time here. It's just that he isn't a star, but perhaps he'd strike it rich with a chance. As depth? Coming in as a free agent?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Where the Rams Stand at Linebacker Heading into the Draft

RamBill374April 12, 2018 02:41PM

Re: Philipps and a couple more linebacker vists to the Rams

leafnose156April 13, 2018 10:47AM