Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cooks ended up looking more physical in the contested catches than I thot he could do....

April 09, 2018 12:27AM
I was kinda surprised by that. Yeah, a body catcher but there are times that merit that approach especially when yer gonna get hit.
I generally do not like body catchers, and I don't know his drop rate...but he seemed pretty secure.
Man, Cooks is a VERY rigid route runner. He just looks sooo awkward & stiff running routes and has an odd gate/short stride to him...
.....but he catches the ball - somehow.......and gets open - somehow.....
jeesh...SPEED, really does kill, apparently!! winking smiley

btw - SammyWatkins was a great hands catcher and power ball player...I'll miss him....
however, if we can sign Cooks long term I'll be fine.

IF we cannot sign Cooks and lose our 1st and 2nd rounders for 2yrs due to rental WRs(Watkins & Cooks) I will seriously re-evaluate the wisdom of using draft picks this way. We coulda paid Watkins what it's gonna cost to re-sign Cooks, most likely, and so, I have to think McVay didn't like the fit - maybe personality wise of Watkins. As I'd much rather have Watkins and our #23 than Cooks and no 1st rounder...as I think both can do the job very well with Watkins bringing a little more "oomph" to the position.
But, perhaps, Cooks and his speed can be more DeseanJax style and that's what McVay wants. we'll see.

Re-signing both Cooks & Peters will speak volumes to this draft pick trading strategy.

"L'audace, l'audace. Toujours l'audace!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2018 12:34AM by SunTzu_vs_Camus.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few observations watching Brandin Cooks highlights

PeoriaRa560April 08, 2018 04:35PM

Re: A few observations watching Brandin Cooks highlights

Rams43238April 08, 2018 05:10PM

Re: A few observations watching Brandin Cooks highlights

Steve184April 08, 2018 08:11PM

I was concerned

Atlantic Ram191April 08, 2018 08:40PM

Cooks ended up looking more physical in the contested catches than I thot he could do....

SunTzu_vs_Camus197April 09, 2018 12:27AM