Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Im confused (whats new?) Vegas is wicked smart

Anonymous User
April 05, 2018 05:14PM
Deadpool
How are the Vikings and Rams tied at 10/1 to win the SB, but the Rams have better odds to win the NFC at 5/1 for the Rams and 6/1 for the Vikings? Is that a normal thing?

Vegas is wicked smart Deadpool, and I won't pretend to know exactly how they think.

It does seem that Vegas is basically saying the Rams have the better hype/roster (star-power) to win the NFC on paper but the margin is so small that it doesn't add up to the exact same chips for how they see they project the public betting against their odds.

The big three chips are the Eagles, Vikings and Rams. They are close enough that if any of them were to make the SB it's a wash.

Where the money is seems to be on the Rams hype and the Eagles coming off of their SB championship with their superstar QB projected to eventually return at full strength.

(Cousins' is in a new system but the Vikes are stacked with talent and their defense was the real deal until they flopped in Philly)

If you noticed, both the Eagles and Rams are the favorites to win the NFC Championship at 5/1 with the Vikes at 6/1, yet all three teams Rams are 10/1 to win the SB.

Vegas might be saying the early public money is going to bet big on the Eagles and Rams to win the NFC but the Vikes are right on their assss so anyone of the 3 NFC favorites have virtually the same odds to win the SB in early March.

Or something like that. I'm sure we have a few big time Vegas insiders on the board that could explain it better than me..

After the draft and preseason along with under the radar pickups and maybe a few more unexpected trades during the summer, we all know Vegas will add a few more twists to these recent odds.

The old "cliche" is not hype for a reason.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Post Cooks trade: VEGAS Updated Super Bowl Odds

Anonymous User602April 05, 2018 03:37PM

Im confused (whats new?)

Deadpool178April 05, 2018 03:42PM

Re: Im confused (whats new?) Vegas is wicked smart

Anonymous User248April 05, 2018 05:14PM

makes sense ty sir

Deadpool144April 05, 2018 05:18PM

Re: Im confused (whats new?)

bigjimram21149April 05, 2018 06:28PM

Re: More people putting money on it, buying the SF hype